Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Eight Months

Keatyn, you are 8 months old today! I can't believe it.
You are a wild woman!! Already, you are crawling all over the place, pulling up on everything and just this week have started "cruising" just a little around the couch. I'm still in disbelief because your big brother didn't do any of this this early. Mommy thought she had a little more time.

You're still trying to master the "getting down" technique.
I walked in to get you up from your nap the other day, to discover you standing in your crib...
Your entire upper body from waist up was above the rail and you looked poised to do a nose dive into the carpet. Within minutes, daddy had lower your crib to the lowest level. I don't think we had to do that for your brother until he was a year old. You are growing up way too fast!

You've mastered the wave. You wave hello and goodbye constantly and it's quite adorable...
Ever since you had a cold a few weeks ago, you've become a mouth breather and that little tongue is always out. Speaking of tongues...
You love to crawl over to the air condition vents in the floor and lick them. Yes, lick them. I'm assuming they feel good on your teething gums because they're cold. (But honestly has anyone ever thought to clean their floor vents? It never occurred to me to do so, until I saw my baby french kissing one.)

You are wearing a size 3 diaper, 6-9 month clothes and have 2 teeth on the bottom, and 3 teeth coming in on the top. You are EVERYWHERE and rarely sit still for a minute. You are obsessed with the laptop/computer, and anything that daddy handles on a regular basis (remote, cell phone, coke can etc...)

Your little head looks like it's been in a prize fight from all the spills and bumps you've taken in the last few weeks. Right now you have a scratch over your eye, one on your cheek, a scab by your ear and a bruise on your forehead. Yet, somehow, you're still the most beautiful baby I know!

You are freakishly strong when you want something or want to get out of a certain position. Your abs are a force to be reckoned with. You typically exhibit this superhuman ability when you are up to your neck in poop and I'm trying to clean you up. I literally had to cut a onesie COVERED in poo off of you the other day, because it was just simpler than trying to pull it over your head. Apparently, the prune juice we mix with your cereal is working!

You still love being outside, being held any chance you get and are extremely social. You have the most contagious, raspy laugh and I could eat up your chunky little legs. You love to crawl from the living room into the kitchen while I'm cooking dinner and play in Ginger's bowl, that is unless you get distracted on the way by your reflection in the dishwasher.
I'm still astounded everyday that you are here and mine. You have won my heart little lady and I adore you!

0 comments: