Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lake Winnie and Soak Ya

 Jimmy and I took Trace and Abram to Lake Winnie and the new waterpark Soak Ya.

I have only one question...

WHEN DID I GET SO OLD?


If I'm along for the trip, you might as well rename it Lake Weenie.  

I'm so ashamed.

The boys had a ball. There was nothing they wouldn't try.

I remember that feeling.  I was once that way.

If it spun, flipped or twirled I was all over it.  Multiple times.  
Tilt A Whirl...no way.
The Pirate Ship...nada.
The Fireball...Never. Gonna. Happen. (I needed a Dramamine just to watch them.) 
This trip... I barely survived the swings.  I spent those hellish 3.5 minutes with my eyes closed, praying I wouldn't hurl all over the innocent bystanders sitting below us basking in the shade.



The boat chute.  Ahhh, more my style.
I did brave the Cannonball once.

After a morning full of rides and heat, we were more than ready to change into our bathing suits and hit Soak Ya.  I could have floated in that lazy river for hours.  Apparently, that's more my speed now.  

I've accepted my new role.  I've become the old fogey who gladly stands taking pictures and holding everyone's drink while the youngin run from ride to ride.

Can't wait to go again!  Next time I may rent one of those hover rounds and just cruise around while fanning myself.  At least it's got a basket to hold my camera. :)

0 comments: