Monday, July 14, 2014

Happy Birthday 'Merica

Our family tradition of celebrating the 4th in Alabama nearly got derailed by a nasty tummy bug this year.  Wow, my sweet boy was sick. 

Up until the morning we were supposed to leave, we weren't sure he was up for it.  Trace slept 17 hours straight.  He crashed on the couch at 3 o'clock in the afternoon and after several attempts to wake him, I finally sHoOk him awake at 10.  Luckily, he correctly answered my obnoxious questions of, What is my name? Where are you? When is your birthday???   I'm nothing if not overly paranoid.

I was ready to pull an all-nighter after his 7 hour nap, but he went right back to sleep and didn't wake up until 8 a.m.  All the grands were sitting-on-go awaiting the signal.  I sent them this picture after the Poptart stayed down.  We were ready...

I was so glad Nana and Papaw got to join us this year! 

The boys found the bag of fireworks about 5 hours too early...
We let them do some poppers with the promise they would clean up after themselves.


 
The girls got a red, white, and blue mani and pedi...







These 3 always amazingly pull it off!







Jimmy getting his big bang on.  Boys and their toys...






These next 2 pictures may be my favorite of all times.  My heart...

 
 
We spent the night at the Marriott and the next morning the cousins came over to swim.
Granddaddy dancing to "My Girl" with his girl...


 
Happy 238th America!!!
 
Home of the FREE, because of the BRAVE.
 
 

0 comments: