Thursday, May 7, 2020

Quarantine Week #257

I've lost count on what day we're on.  Today is May 7 and we started quarantining March 15th.  It's hard to believe it's been a month and a half.  My children, who normally whine and moan at the mention of going into a store, have now both asked to go to the grocery store with me.  Lol!  I told them to remember this when things go back to normal and I'm dragging them kicking and screaming through Kohls to try on school shoes.  Keatyn did go with me to take Timber to get his shots.  He was too sick on the 12th of March to get his vaccines so they told me to bring him back.  She was super excited to wear a mask (I think I have a picture) until she realized she could hardly breath.  We walked him into the lobby and then went and waited in the car.  Fun times.

A few weeks ago I called in a flower order to Barn Nursery and did curb side pick up.  I LOVE putting out spring flowers and was so ready although going into get them was a no-no. So happy to have them planted and growing!
We added a little wet food to their dry and it rocked their world.
We watched The Karate Kid the other night and the kids wanted to watch it on the blow up mattress.  After the movie, my living room turned into a trampoline park.


Keatyn brought me these the other day so we can talk if she's upstairs and I'm down.  She certainly keeps things interesting around here.
We stopped by the flip the guys are working on and before I knew it the kids were dumpster diving...



Then they played swords with their findings in the vacant mall parking lot while we waited on Outback curbside.  That was the first meal we had eaten out since this all began and that steak did not disappoint.  At some point, you just get really tired of eating your own cooking.

Trace got LED lights for Christmas but they didn't go all the way around his room so Jimmy ordered more.  Once they came, he couldn't wait to get them up.  They really are the coolest and even sync to a song so they change with the beat.  He was pumped.

Then we hung a shelf over both the kids work desks so they would have more room for their stuff. 
Fixing Keatyn's bed.
Pulling teeth...
Helping Granddad and Sisty clean up after the tornado...

More mattress jumping in the basement.  Best $25 I've ever spent.  Lol!
Again, this is no laughing matter situation.  But some of these memes are funny and if you don't keep laughing, you will go insane...




I finally got my picture collage back up in the hall.  I LOVE these pictures, people and memories...


Painting pottery in the basement with my girl...

I think these dogs have really enjoyed having us home...

Church from the couch while eating waffles...

Facetiming with Roman and Van.  Miss them SO much!

Summer started a little early for my two.  We went to get a little exercise and they both ended up soaked in the water.  They are crazy, I think the water temperature was about 66 degrees...





Last Wednesday, I finally went to see Jesse about my foot pain.  It's been about 2.5 months but with Covid 19, the last place I wanted to be was in a hospital at a doctors appointment.   So I waited.  Apparently I have posterior tibial tendonitis, an accessory navicular bone (in both feet) and plantar fascitis.  My left interior foot has been hurting so bad that I've finally had to quit walking which has been really hard during this quarantine.  I need to walk and exercise but my foot would hurt so bad, I knew I was doing damage.  So... I left there with an air boot for the next 6 weeks, some exercises to do at home, and apparently I have to revamp my shoe collection.  I have flat feet and they are affecting my overall shape and aren't going to get better with me continuing to wear flat, no arch support flip flops which I've famous for.  Sigh...
I left there with this and a flat flip flop on my right foot and went and walked around Target for several hours.  Wow, that won't work.  So now I'm in a running shoe with Power Steps in them and in the boot and I started physical therapy yesterday.  He said only about 20% have this "extra bone" thing and it only causes problems for about 4%.  I guess I'm in the lucky 4.  Ugh...my left foot only had 27% strength when he put me on this machine that tested my strength and made me exercise my tendon.  It hurt!  He said I wasn't going to feel much better until I got it to 70% strength, so I have a long way to go.  Going to be a long month!
I'm ready to give this quarantine the boot.  Get it ;)

0 comments: