Saturday, October 3, 2020

Cheers to 50 years (Round 2)

Thankful.  That's just the word that keeps coming when I think about the fact that my children got to witness BOTH sets of grandparents celebrate 50 years of marriage less than a year apart.  I mean, how amazing is that?  

My parents have been together since high school and got married when mom was 19 and dad was 20.  This day and age, it's practically a miracle they survived.  I am blessed beyond measure to have been raised by them and to witness the love and devotion they have showed everyday of their 50 year marriage.  I pray they have many, many more years of health and happiness together.  I love  you both more than words can ever say.

Because of the pandemic, we just decided to do something small at my house.  These two SO deserved to be celebrated in a big way, but a trip or a big party just wasn't going to work with the times we are in right now.  My mom's favorite color and wedding color was of course purple, and 50 is the "golden" anniversary so we decked the halls in those colors for the day.  My cousin Carrie made us all "Cheers to 50 year"s t-shirts like the ones we wore on the plane going to San Antonio for Jimmy's parents anniversary trip.  It was a really sweet and special day even though I wish many more people could have been apart of it.  



My mom wanted "fun" pictures, not necessarily "posed."  I will say, it was a bit easier than getting the typical formal portraits most people want, but it's never easy with this bunch.  Lots of outtakes and do overs.  Lol.








Love this one!
And of course, this one too...





The original four...




We are blessed.
 

0 comments: