Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Way behind in 2022

Well...to say I've dropped the ball again is an understatement.  It's July and I can barely remember what I ate for lunch but am attempting to narrate back to January.  Complete photo dump with little description but as long as I've got the pictures recorded I'm counting it a win. 

After New Years it was back to school and basketball.  Such a fun 5th grade season with lots of growth!




Celebrating birthdays at their favorite place... Ichiban.

We met dad and the boys at Coolidge Park one day after school for a walk and some hill sliding...



Precious Nanny and her milkshakes...
We celebrated Trace's 15th with Maddux (his birthday twin) at D1...


Basketball banquet at CCS with the biggest basketball cake I've ever bought/seen.

My last elementary school party to host as a room mom... (insert tears)  Jada and I were the room moms for Mrs. Davick this year and after 10 straight years of hosting class parties, this Valentines Day party was the last one.  We went out with a bang.



Chattanooga Chaos was SO much fun!  This was an AAU team we played on with Coach Wes and Jason after the CCS season ended.  


Keatyn dressed up like Amelia Earhart for the 5th grade wax museum.  SO cute!



Meeting sweet Snax.  He was only this small for a minute!


The huge seesaws at the Aquarium.  Even the dogs got to ride!
My girl for her last father daughter dance.  This needs to be a post all it's own.  I have so many pictures and videos from this night I'll have to find.  She looked beautiful and loved her dress!  This was my last one to head up and plan and it was quite memorable.  Mainly because it was cancelled 5 days before the dance was supposed to happen on January 20th because of Covid.  Ugh!  You can only imagine the mess that caused.  We were fortunately able to put it all back together and pulled it off on March 19th instead.  It was an amazing evening for my girl and her sweet dad.  I hope they remember it forever!  Hopefully more pictures to follow...


She decided to try volleyball for the first time.  She learned so much and really did well!  She HATED the fact she got the #13 jersey because her daddy has made her superstitious to that number but she proved it wrong and rocked it.

Our one and only snow of the year.  The kids and dogs loved it.  Look at those snow balls on Sadie!





This kid cracks me up!  One night we are sitting on the couch and suddenly hear Mexican music playing and down the stairs he comes in this.  He put on a full dance party with his sombrero.  Oh, I love that boy.

He and Ainsley went to the Sadie Hawkins Dance together and had such a great time.  We met at the bridge to get pictures before and then Jada took them to Stratton Hall for the dance.  They both looked incredible!









We volunteered at the Rise Against Hunger food drive at church.  Such an amazing organization and we packed hundreds of meals to be shipped around the world.  


Keatyn had her 11th birthday party at the Synergy Ninja place and then a few friends came home to spend the night.  Fun party place!





Trace got to go on Interim to Washington DC with some of the 9th grade class for Spring Break.  They usually go in 8th grade but it got cancelled because of Covid.  I was so glad they offered it to the 9th graders the next year. Again... a post all it's own if I can find all the pictures.  He had an absolutely amazing time and it was honestly one of the longest weeks of my life.  I realized real quick, I'm not quite ready to let him grow up.  

Another last... Grandparents Day in the Lower School.  Since Covid, they only did it for the elementary and unless they change it back, that will be our last one.  So incredibly grateful everyday for these 4 grands.  We love them beyond measure. 



Another milestone I'm not ready for.  After Trace passed his learners permit test (on his first try!!) and finished Drivers Ed, we signed him up for a few classes at Haman's driving school.  After 4 classes he will be able to take his test and actually get his licenses through them when the time comes.  

Easter Sunday before church and then back to our house for Sunday dinner with the family...











Volleyball season was short and sweet with her coach having a baby right in the middle.  Lol

Another visit, another milkshake...
I got to hug sweet Presley when I went to Rivermont to help Jill with Teacher Appreciate Day.  Love that girl!
And our last field day.  There have been some many lasts this year that are hard to swallow.  My babies are growing up!

Trace had Maddux, Jack and Callen over for a sleepover and Keatyn ended up bringing Emerson home from a birthday party.  The girls challenged the boys to a driveway basketball game and 2 hours later my side hurt from laughing and they were all wringing wet.  Those girls gave them a run for their money. It was so sweet to watch them all play together!  Love these kiddos!
And then the next night, we spent a few hours in the ER while they stitched Trace's finger back up when he sliced it open with a pocket knife.  That was a doozy and I was very thankful it wasn't worse than it was.  And of course, this is right before golf season starts back up...


My brother and Kadi bought a river property in Sale Creek and we all went there for Mother's Day.  What a beautiful place.  Love my sweet mom so much!




Yes, I'm paddle boarding in my church clothes...

Loving the Sea Doo... it's almost summer!
5th Grade Graduation...


Keatyn was chosen as 1 of 4 to say a speech at the ceremony.  Proud was an understatement.  She overcame so many fears to do this.  I thought I was going to have to medicate Jimmy to get him through it.  He said he would rather have cut his own finger off than do that and he literally meant it.  Lol!   SO proud of this girl!












Graduation Day also happened to be my birthday.  So after graduation, my little family of 4 went to Top Golf to celebrate.  Such a fun place!  




And then 2 days later, we celebrated Roman's bday at Carol's pool!

My birthday present... a Rubber Dockie to play on in the lake!  Let summer begin!!!





0 comments: