Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Are we old enough to be snowbirds yet?

Last week we went with Jimmy's parents to their condo in Destin. I always love it there, so laid back and beautiful. The weather was great, still cool, but warmer than here. Trace had been sick with tonsilitis (yes, again) before we left but we knew the warmer, salty air would be better for him than the cold temps here, so off we went. Needless to say, when he woke up the first morning there with a 103.2 temp, home is the only place I wanted to be, cold or not. But after a visit to the Emerald Coast Urgent Care, an antibiotic for an upper respritory infection with tonsilitis and a steriod for wheezing, our trip began to improve.

I must say how WONDERFUL Highland Pediatric is and how spoiled they have made me. I was in contact with them several times and they were so kind and helpful, asking ME to call them back and let them know how T was doing... seriously! They gave me great advice and were a great source of relief to a nervous momma with a sick baby a long way from home!

Once Trace was up and about, we went out on the golf course behind the condo and flew his kite that Sisty got him for Christmas. He/we loved it!! Ginger even got a chance to hold the handle!




I LOVE this picture!

Trace and Ginger are big buddies, she would just like to keep it a one-sided relationship. You know, the kind where she initiates the contact, she inititates the touching, otherwise... leave me alone (she really should have been a male). Sounds like some dating relationships I've heard of!

Here they are relaxing on the couch watching who else... Barney. Boy, my DVR has me spoiled too, actually had to break out the DVD's everytime T needed a Barney fix.


Don't ask me why he has no diaper on... I have no idea, I guess we were on vacation from everything! If Ginger only knew what could have hit her!

Trace loved wearing Granddaddy's shoes around the condo.
We were so thankful to Sisty and Granddaddy for letting us invade their wonderful haven with a sick child and a half deaf dog. It was really nice spending the week with them and they were so incredibly helpful while Trace was sick. They truly are the best in-laws a girl could ever ask for!

0 comments: