Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fishing 101

On Saturday, we attempted our first family fishing expedition. We have been on the bass boat before, but never to actually catch dinner.

April 2007
Where is that baby's life jacket???

Don't worry, we never left the dock and we had 2 very nervous grandmothers hovering to make sure we stayed afloat with their new 2 month old grandbaby.

One may think, fishing is supposed to be calming, relaxing... a mind clearing type hobby.

Yeah... not so much when you have a very enthusiastic 3 year old, a floating vessel with no rails, a nearly deaf, elderly dog (who's greatest passion in life is fishing) and 15 MPH winds.

I really could have used a sedative beforehand, but was afraid it would impede my reaction time in the event that I had to pull Trace out of the 57 degree water by his Scooby Doo life vest.


I hope so badly that Trace loves to fish like his daddy. Jimmy could drive a bass boat long before he could drive a car, and he so wants to share this hobby with his boy.

At this point, Trace's biggest thrills on the water consist of trimming the motor up and down, checking the fish in the live well, and peeing off the side of the boat. These are, however, 3 things every fisherman must master, so I'd say he's well on his way!

We had a great time, thankfully without incident... no fish hooks in the ear, no man (or dog) overboard.

I'd count this one a success!



Yes... I did fish.

No... I didn't catch any.


Tuckered out...

1 comments:

Amanda O'Rear said...

How fun! I knew you would post about your adventures.

By the way...fish or no fish...you look great trying! ;)