Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Girby's still a girl!!

I'll admit I had doubts. After a dozen+ boys, who wouldn't? I was trying to be positive, but the odds were so stacked against us having a girl that I really needed to hear it (and see that little hamburger) one more time before going full throttle with a purple nursery.

The ultrasound tech, Jennifer, who is the daughter-in-law of my mother-in-law's neighbor (if that makes any sense) passed me in the hall and commented that she heard she had to "check and make sure she's still a girl"... so the word must have gotten out. ha!

I felt bad when she came into the exam room, lathered my belly with jelly, and said she had been a nervous wreck since we last saw her 12 weeks ago that she got it wrong. We just laughed about it and she assured us she had never gotten it wrong before. Then she clicked on the monitor and luckily little missy instantly did a spread eagle giving us this picture (and again, confirmation)...
Honestly, I don't see it. I still don't know exactly what she was looking at, but her immediate reassurance was good enough for me.

Then, more importantly, she said everything looked great. Praise God!!

When I saw this sweet little face and her almost sucking her thumb my heart smiled. I can't wait to hold this precious one in my arms!
I'm not bragging or anything, but when Dr. Adair came in, he called her "beautiful" several times... I know I'm a bit biased, but I couldn't agree more. ;)

He probably says that to all the girls.
Hopefully by February "Girby" will have a name, but right now it's not looking too good.

I go back next Friday for my gestational diabetes test with my regular doctor. Between testing my blood sugar for diabetes and measuring my ever growing weight, it would probably be a good idea to rid my house of all this Halloween candy I find myself devouring during the middle of the night.

But the likeliness of that isn't looking too good either.
********************************************************************
This is an addendum...

I published this post about 20 minutes before Jimmy got home with dinner from Formosa. Now, I've eaten A LOT of Chinese food in my lifetime (especially when pregnant) and read a ton of fortune cookies but have never seen this one. I thought it was pretty special.

Jimmy's fortune said this...

We had to take a picture and save it. Three months from this date will be February 3rd, 7 days before Girby's due date and my dad's 61st birthday! I can't think of any gift Papaw would rather get than to meet his Girby!! We will see :)

1 comments:

Kristyn Disponette said...

What a fortune!! By the way, February 3rd would be a great day for Girby to make her arrival...it's my birthday too!!!!