Thursday, May 30, 2013

Spa day

Every woman loves a spa day.  I mean, what's not to love?  Manis, pedis, facials, and massages.

But imagine if the love of your life was the one doing all the special treatments.

Trace's Kindergarten class hosted all the mom's for Mother's Day.  It was the sweetest day I think I've ever had.  You walked in to dim lights, soft music, beautiful cards/gifts and yummy treats. 

He started with my nails.  Ohhhh, my nails. Red polish, with blue glitter!! (The picture doesn't do 'em justice)
Next, we did a cucumber eye mask while he massaged my shoulders. Heavenly (or could have been if I hadn't been sitting in a chair designed for a 5-year-old.)
Then came the hair.  Pony tails, clips and  heavy combing ;)
Finally, the makeup.  Some smarter moms brought their own makeup bags with "nude" colors. My boy leaned more toward the bluer shades.  And I ate enough watermelon lipgloss to last a lifetime.

Mrs. Watts let the boys practice on the girls in the class the day before. Trace painted Lauren's nails and did her hair and makeup.  Funny, if she ends up being his wife one day.  After all, they were preschool sweethearts!

I thought at one point my fingernail had caught on fire from all the filing.  He worked so hard!
Allison and Isaac...
The beautiful paper flowers they made to decorate our tables.
Halen and Mary...
 They made Mother's Day books for each of us.

Trace said...

All day my mom goes to look at houses.
My mom is the best because she is the best cooker.
I know my mom loves me because she does everything.
My mom looks prettiest when she got married.

Lord love it.

I had been told about this tradition at CCS and couldn't wait to experience it myself.  Several other of the mom's and I had talked about going to lunch afterwards to wait out dismissal, but I thought I was a little too "edgy" to be seen in public (even on Broad St.)  I skipped lunch, checked Trace out early and we came on home.  :) I wouldn't have washed it off for anything just to go to lunch, he was SO proud.  And I didn't take my nail polish off for 5 days. (I about had to chisel that glitter off)   When he finally noticed, he said, "Oh no mommy, what happened to your nails???"  

I am so very proud and blessed to be this sweet boy's mommy!

0 comments: