Saturday, June 15, 2013

Soccer Mom

So, my title of "soccer mom" may be shortlived. 

According to Trace's reviews, "Soccer is boring... all you do is run and kick the ball." 
 Yes son. Yes. That's all you do. 

But we gave it a whirl.  Jimmy nor I ever played soccer (have you seen me run?) so I can't say that I was terribly disappointed in his lack of love for the game, but it was one of very few camps CCS offered for his age group this summer.  We are just trying out all sorts of things to see what he likes.  In the last 2 weeks, we've started karate, gymnastics (which his daddy isn't too crazy about ;) and soccer camp.  We may try fall baseball and then Upward basketball again this winter.  At 6, just throw everything at em' and see what sticks.

So Miss Keatyn and I had to find some ways to entertain ourselves every morning from 8:30-10:30 while big brother in his own words, just ran around and kicked a ball.

Monday morning, we met Sisty and went up the mountain to visit Jean and Mrs. Kerr at Alexian.  It is always so good to see them.  Can you believe Jean's mom (in the blue) is 98 and up until a few months ago lived alone and still drove?  Now she is just down the hall and gets to visit her daughter everyday!  They are so precious!

We came home for some afternoon Superhero fun...

Then Trace took his first karate class! 


On Tuesday, I ran Keatyn over to Christy's house to play with Chylee while I went to Greenlife.  I think they bonded over bubbles.

After we picked up big T, we met Thomas and Lauren (Trace's future wife) downtown to play on the "water steps" at the Aquarium.

Lauren was like a lil momma to Keatyn.  She'll make a great sister-in-law ;)
They really adore each other.
Wednesday, we met Christy and Chylee at Bluegrass Grill for breakfast.  I didn't bother to get any pictures because it would have been only of Keatyn refusing to sit in her high chair, pouring out packets of sugar, and sinking her grapes into my water glass.  Good times...

We brought Jack home with us from camp that afternoon.  Nana and Papaw met us at Coolidge Park and we played in the fountains and had a picnic.  It literally felt like you were sitting in a furnace that day, so there's no better place to be!  Love these boys!

I was so thankful my reinforcements came.  Don't know what I'd do without these two.

Cheese!

Thursday, Trace played hookey from camp and we took Keatyn to school and had a date.  Thursdays have become our date day.  We went to the free kids movie at Carmike where they were supposed to show Smurfs (I was really pumped to be sharing my childhood favorite with my boy) but it was messed up so we watched Hotel Transylvania instead.  It was cute, but was hardly the Smurfs. 
We then went to Hobby Lobby THREE times trying to finish Jimmy's Father's Day present, but they were having electrical issues and we couldn't get in.  Poor dad will be getting his gift a few days late. 
(Mommy should have started earlier.)

On Friday, Sassy and I bought a house for daddy!!!  Child labor laws have nothin' on us!  Keatyn wheeled and dealed at the courthouse steps and we bought our first flip. :)  I've been working my nerve up to do it for months, but got off easy.  There was only one other guy there and he didn't even bid against me.  I probably won't get so lucky next time and I'll have to put my big girl panties on.
When we picked Trace up, we went and walked the Walnut Street Bridge.  We are so very blessed to live in this beautiful place.  And I am so very grateful to get to share it with these sweeties!



We ended the week at the lake.  We pulled out the sea doo for it's first run of the season.  I somehow forgot to transfer the pictures of Granddaddy and Sisty riding with the kids, but they were there too!

This one LOVED the sea doo and is so ready to ride the tube.  (Not sure momma is ready for that yet)



We have shin guards, 2 pairs of soccer socks and new cleats... and he may never play again.  But at least he got a new ball and T-shirt.

After all, it's all about the free T-shirt, right?


0 comments: