Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Birthday Blur

The infamous "birthday week" has come and gone at the Cofer Casa.  It's a whirlwind of fun.  My car is miraculously transformed into a bakery delivery service.

Cake to Chuck E. Cheese on Monday night for Keatyn's family party.

Cupcakes to school Tuesday morning for her actual b-day.

Then cupcakes again on Friday for Trace's class.

And finally a Skylander's cake on Saturday for his party at Tiger Rock.

Whew.  That's a lot of sugar folks.

So, sweet Kee Kee (as Grandaddy and Sisty call her) isn't old enough yet to ask for a "real" party.  But it's coming.  I'll cling desperately to our simple little family night at Chuck E. Cheese while I can.  Papaw graciously agreed to share his actual birthday with his princess and also, a Hello Kitty cake.










All week, she kept telling me... "Mama, I'm going to hug Chuck E. Cheese, I'm going to be brave."  When the moment came to come face to face with the huge rodent, I have no doubt she was thankful to be in Papaw's arms.  Maybe next year.


Every bite counts.  Even if it's a drive thru bite...







The next day at school, Miss Retta sent me these pictures...


 I didn't get a picture of Trace's class when I brought cupcakes to recess on Friday.  Maybe it was because I was being mobbed by first graders who were every infatic as to who got what color, who got the one with the "Happy Birthday" toothpicks or who insisted on one with swirls.

Seriously Heidi, you'd think after 7 years of doing this you'd know to get them ALL.EXACTLY. THE. SAME.

 On Saturday, we had Trace's "boys only" party (that was actually invaded by a few little sisters ;) at Tiger Rock.  I was a little nervous because we hadn't heard anything about or been to one of these parties but you run out of options when you have February babies.  


It turned out to be great!  There was a little karate and a lot of fun and games.  The kids seemed to really like it, it was only $120, and I didn't have to do a thing.  SCORE!!
Keatyn had a blast!  My fear is after a taste of being "on the other side" she'll now think she's supposed to do this at every karate practice. 
Trace got to show off some of his moves and break a birthday board.  They really make the birthday boy "the star."  It was so sweet!
Dodgeball...


Keatyn had three, THREE pieces of cake.  Poor Trace told me 2 days later (through tears) that he never ate a single piece of his birthday cake.  WHAT?!? 





Jimmy must have snapped this after she came out of the bathroom, naked from the waist down.  Hope that's not a party trick that sticks.



Trace went home with Abram after the party to play and then he came home and spent the night with us.  They had an old fashioned pillow fight before bedtime.
Finishes off a pretty perfect birthday week!  My babies are 3 and 7.  How did this happen so fast???

0 comments: