Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Birthdays and Black Belts

What as affectionately been dubbed "birthday week" has ended.  I think I have a birthday hangover.  My 3 loves are now a year older and we celebrated them well..  It started on Wednesday night at our house.  It was dad's 66th and everyone came to eat.  Nanny, we MISSED you and next year your attendance is mandatory. ;)  I nearly caught my hair and the kitchen on fire trying to make shish kabobs, but other than the thick smoke and burned smell that lingered for days, dinner was a hit.
 
I love these 3 more than life itself!  Happy 5th, 66th, and 9th!
 





 






Keatyn's birthday was Thursday so I took cupcakes to school for her friends and then we ended the night with a little Chuck E. Cheese.   I can't believe my baby girl is 5 and starting Kindergarten in the fall.  WHERE does the time go?  Love that little sassy thing so much.

On Friday night, Trace got his black belt!!!  That has been 2.5 years in the making and to say we were elated was an understatement!  I don't know that I took a full breath for 2 hours watching him do his thing.  Having to break his boards nearly gave Jimmy and I and all the grands a panic attack.  He was SO proud! 








And Sunday was the grand finale.  It was Trace's 9th birthday and party day!  We had their party at the UTC Aquatic Center and it was fantastic.  There was a water slide, a little waterfall and a lazy river.  The place is beautiful and spacious and the perfect party place.  There were 34 littles in that huge pool plus several parents.  It was really a fun day!


















Things got a little rowdy at the boys table when Alex yelled "PIE FACE" and plunged head first into his cake.  You can imagine what happened next!  Lol!




Some refused even after the pressure of the others chanting, "DO IT, DO IT!!!"  Way to stay strong!


Apparently afterwards about 10 boys ended up in the locker room showers (with swimming trunks on, thank goodness) and I made Jimmy go in there and handle that situation.  He said it was just another party in the locker room.  Ha!   I think they had fun.  Afterwards, we came home and the kiddos opened presents and then we watched Peyton win Super Bowl 50!!!  That was another 2 hours I could hardly breath.  It was a perfect weekend in my book! 

So blessed to call these babies mine and to celebrate another year of their lives.  I told Trace that night that on Febraury 7, 2007 he gave 11 people a new name.  He made Jimmy and I a "mom" and "dad" our parents all "grandparents," he made Nanny, Frank and Ann all "great grandparents" and Andy and Kadi an "aunt" and "uncle."  What a special day and a special boy!

We are blessed.
 

 

0 comments: