Friday, July 17, 2009

Flower Child

There's a field across from our house that is full of sunflowers this time of year. Tonight after dinner, we decided to take a walk and get some pictures. You should have seen how hard I had to scrub Trace's face to get the cherry popsicle off his lips so people wouldn't think he was wearing lipgloss!

We almost waited to late, they are already starting to die and wilt. The grass in most places is as tall if not taller than Trace but he refused to be carried and muddled through it like the little outdoorsman he's destined to be. Bless his heart, he had cuts and scratches all up and down his little legs but he and Ginger loved running through the weeds.


The bugs finally got the best of him.

I often have a love/hate relationship with my camera... tonight proved to be no different. There is not one picture of Trace actually smiling. About the time I got him to look at the camera and smile, the delay was so long, the moment was lost. My favorites actually ended up being the ones where I just followed him around and took them without him even knowing it.

A boy, his dog, and the open road... life doesn't get much better than that!

1 comments:

Jen said...

Oh girl, sunflowers have always been one of my favorite flowers and I would LOVE to take some of Miller there!! I would take some of Trace for you, too! These are so adorable, but my favorite is the last one of him & Ginger!!! That is one for a big frame!! I needed these sweet pictures before going to bed! Hope we see y'all soon!