Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Our Date with Thomas

If ever there was a train lovin' boy, it's mine. Trace can name nearly every Thomas and Friend ever made... and owns a small arsenal of them. So last Friday night, we went to meet Thomas face-to-face.
When I heard they were coming, I immediately went online to buy tickets and then balked at the price. They are quite proud of their little Thomas production. I got a quick scolding from my dad when I was complaining of the pricetag... "Heidi Brown (he calls me by my maiden name when I'm in trouble ha!) I don't care if those tickets are $100 each, you are taking my boy to see Thomas".

Yes Sir.

Come to find out, the ticket was only for the actual train ride and it is free to get into the rest... I'll stash that little bit of knowledge away for next year! I mean, once you've ridden a train, the thrill is kinda lost.

Turns out, we spent more in the gift shop (which was conveniently located at the exit) than we did on the price of admission! 4 books, a singing toothbrush, a rolling backpack, and keepsake bag was the loot we left with.

But it was worth every penny to see this face...
Waiting patiently on the train ride...




His temporary Thomas tattoo...

I have never seen so many Thomas T-shirts in my entire life. Every little boy you passed donned James, Percy, or Thomas. It was like being at a rock concert in the mid 80's.

We had so much fun and can't wait for next year!

2 comments:

Amanda O'Rear said...

How cute!!! I love all the pics!!

Jen said...

Let me just tell you, my life-long, dear friend, the thrill is NOT lost. As much as you trick yourself into thinking "once they've been on the ride, they'll be happy as larks doing all the free stuff next year", it just does not happen! We will be embarking on year #5 this weekend and tickets have been purchased. The sheer mention of just going and not ACTUALLY riding his beloved, sent my little conductor over the moon! You would have thought I had asked if he wanted to eat worms for dinner and wash his hair with dirt!! So, if Trace follows in his footsteps, you have a few more barely air-conditioned, same scenery-filled, Thomas theme music in the background-rides in near future...and the sheer joy it brings on their faces is priceless! Glad y'all had a good time-I was worried for the ones on Saturday because of the storms! Not much fun to do outside in the pouring rain! Hope y'all are well! :)