Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Break

Spring Break was last week and we tried to do some fun stuff.

One day we met my family at the Pumpkin Patch. They had a really nice "enclosed" area for the little kiddos that actually allowed adults to sit on benches and converse with one another, but nooooo, ours wanted to wander and run up and down the entire length of the "mountainous" playground. ha! With 5 kids under 5, needless to say we ALL needed naps after that adventure.

Trace, Abram, and Drew
I finally coaxed Trace into attempting this big slide, only for him to twist and turn all the way down and land face first in the dirt! Afterwards, I read that it was for ages 5 and older... oops!

Aunt Gail volunteered to take a ride with the kids.
It was nice to see Trace actually skeptical about something. He wasn't quite sure about crossing the "Earthquake Bridge". He actually held on and walked, a combo I rarely see :)

My cousin Casey and her hubby Kevin came up from Atlanta with Drew and baby Cole. We finally got to see him... adorable!!

Abram and Drew... so sweet
Lucas on the swing
As we were leaving, Abram and Trace began comparing battle wounds. It was a rough day on the playground. Trace may be every bit as tall, but he's not quite ready to hang with the big boys yet.

Jimmy asked me if he had been in a bar fight when we got home. He was so banged up from the slide and flipping over the swings. We would have certainly exceeded the number of bandages per child had we tried to cover every bloody bruise and bump!


The next day, we had a playdate with Sherry, Christy, and Anna Claire. These two were so cute together. We finally figured out about 2 hours in, that Trace had been calling her "Clarinet" all morning!

The last day, we got really brave (or crazy) and attempted a road trip. My mom, Aunt Gail, Abram, Trace and I all loaded up in my car and drove to Canton to the mini-farm. We met Casey, Kevin, Drew, and Cole there. The kids loved it!

Notice the "Do Not Open" sign behind Drew's head... we taught them to read that one real quick!


Face to face...
3 days old...

This thing (alpaca, I think) became my best friend.
Nana and her boy...
Aunt Gail called my uncle on the way home and told him to start building a fence, they were going to have another grandchild...she fell in love!



"Is Spring Break over yet... we're exhausted?"

0 comments: