Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fun in the Sun

Summertime means Slip n' Slides and boat rides.

The other day, I set off to Target to get the standard yellow slip n' slide of our childhood (that is after talking Jimmy out of cutting a few pieces of plastic off the roll and laying the water hose on it) and came home with the new-fangled fancy version, complete with an arched waterfall, tunnel (not shown), ramp (not quite ready for yet) and landing pool.
In my defense, it was 30% off and nearly the same price as the original.


He had to have a little push from Daddy before he finally got the whole "run and dive" thing down. I can remember doing that for hours as a kid. Sadly, one "run and dive" these days and I'd be laid up for weeks. I watched and cheered from the shade.

We thought it was the summer to try a tube on the boat. Jimmy comes out of Academy Sports with a "rocket." The whole way to the lake, I'm thinking to myself, "how are you going to lift a wiggly 3 year-old on it, keep him stable while you climb on in 30 ft. deep water, and then not sink the back end"

But some things are just better left unsaid...

You had to have been there to witness it and appreciate the humor, but after several attempts... it worked!




And this was the face I saw from the boat the entire time...I'd say someone had fun!

Of course, like any speed demon does, he yelled "faster, faster" no less than a dozen times.

Ironically, a few days before I hear from the backseat, "Mommy, I'm gonna have to ask you to slow down a little bit."

We were in the driveway.

And going 5 miles per hour.

He just likes to think he's in charge.

Sweet Miss Ginger kept a careful watch over her boys, like any good Mama Dog would!

Needless to say, after about the 3rd run... they were all pooped!














3 comments:

Andi said...

you guys need "super mable"
a friend has it and its the most awesome "tubing" thingy ever.
i'm on it on my fb pic.

SDT said...

The Turners are jealous!

Trinity said...

I would have been a nervous wreck!! But he definitely had fun!