Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Precious Moments

I started this blog about 2 years ago to try and capture Trace's childhood and make sure the precious moments of his young years weren't simply forgotten. I'm not a scrapbooker, don't have a detailed babybook, am TERRIBLE about getting pictures developed. Proof... the $100+ I just spent 2 weeks ago at Wolf Camera getting pictures developed from Christmas.

So... tonight was one of those moments I always want to remember...

Trace and I were sitting on the swing in the backyard, and I start doing what moms have done for all time... pelting him with questions about what he learned at school. If you're like me, you probably get the staple answers, "nothing" or "I just played on the playground". Grrrr...

But suddenly he bursts into song about the days of the week. You know it... Sunday, Monday... Tuesday, Wednesday, ...Thursday, Friday, Saturday. There are 7 days, there are 7 days, there are 7 days in a week.

He sang it perfectly, every word detectable, even showing the correct number of "7 "on his fingers. Nice job buddy!

Then he clasped his little hands together, squuuueeeezed his eyes shut and said this prayer...

Dear God,
Thank you for everything,
Please help mommy's big belly to get bigger,
Please help Sisty to feel better,
Thank you for graham crackers,
In God's name we pray... Amen

Ahhh, be still my beating heart... and my big belly.

When he was done, he said that was the Bible verse song he'd learned at school today.

Let me just write his little preschool another check.

Stupidly, I yanked out my phone and tried to recapture the moment... which we all know NEVER works, but I had to try. It was completely half hearted and very garbly and of course he substituted some firetrucks safety for Sisty's health (sorry Sisty), but the gist was the same.

Then he crawled up in my lap, and seeing the pile of tissues beside me on the chair (Sisty isn't the only one sick) he said... "Oh mommy, I know what will make you feel better", and planted a big one right on my kisser. (Give ya one guess how I got the cold?)

But, that was the best medicine I could have ever gotten!

And seeing as how I'm preggers, it's the only medicine I'm gonna get for awhile :(

Just had to write that one down to keep in the ole' memory bank!

0 comments: