Saturday, September 4, 2010

Luke and Sara's Wedding

Last weekend we celebrated my cousin Luke's wedding. We fell in love with Sara and Nalin (her 5-year-old from a previous marriage) the day we met them. I'll never forget Luke bringing them to my mom's house for Thanksgiving 2 years ago. Nalin was just 3, and he came in carrying her. This was about their 5th stop that day, and she was sound asleep. Luke laid her on the couch in the kitchen and we began fixing plates and eating. She woke up a few minutes later to a house full of strangers, but was so sweet and adorable. I think we had them secretly married off from that day on!

They got married on Saturday at our church and we had the rehearsal dinner at our house. I didn't get to take any pictures of the rehearsal at the church because I was standing in for Sara. Her and her mom felt very strongly that the bride doesn't walk down the aisle at the rehearsal and the bride and groom DO NOT see each other before the wedding. So I got to play bride again.

We joked all night that only in Tennessee would Luke have to marry his pregnant cousin! ha!

The bride and groom...
Dad, my Aunt Patty, and Uncle Tommy saying quick greetings and prayers before we ate...
The kiddos...

Trace was the ring bearer and got to don his first tux. This was his 3rd wedding (he's quite the pro) yet ironically, he's never actually touched any of the rings... I can't imagine why??

I know I'm a little partial, but I think he's quite possibly the cutest ring bearer ever.

His first wedding was Jimmy's cousin's when he was just 1. He was sandwiched between 2 much calmer, older girl cousins and toddled down the aisle and steps (while I held my breath), until I scooped him up and ran to the back.

Last August, he was 2 1/2 at my brother and Kadi's wedding. He ran down the aisle in front of his cousins Drew and Abram where a sucker was quickly stuffed in his mouth and he was whisked away by Granddaddy before he could do anything to interrupt Kadi's grand entrance. I don't even think a video camera was able to capture his mad dash down the aisle.

This year, I'm happy to report, he walked (hard to imagine I know) with the flower girl, Kai, came and sat with Jimmy and I through the ceremony, and then walked back down the aisle!! Progress!

Sara looked gorgeous! She was very brave to have 3 kids 5 and under in her wedding, but it couldn't have been sweeter. Nalin (in the front) walked her down the aisle and then came back up to walk back down with Luke and Sara. It was precious.


Waiting for his next photo shoot...
Sisters...

Kai and Trace taking a break from all the festivities to play in the nursery... it was a long day!
Nanny and Luke... she's so proud!
Laura (Luke's sister) toasting the bride and groom...
Trace and Granddaddy playing a few holes in between dances...

Andy and Jimmy (he had already snuck home and changed clothes, cheater)...
"Would you like to dance?"
"How low can you go?"
Beautiful ladies!

I didn't get near as many family pictures as I had hoped, but chasing Trace to ensure he didn't stick his finger in the wedding cake (again), eat the entire bowl of gummy bears, or take a swig from the keg was a full time job!

It was a beautiful celebration and I couldn't be happier for the new family. We love you all 3!!

0 comments: