Saturday, May 7, 2011

Party Animal

Well, I'm afraid I've got a party girl on my hands. She doesn't miss a one...
In the spring of '06, my best friend from high school, Lucia, and both Jimmy and I's first cousins were all pregnant with girls, due less than a month apart. I attended numerous showers and 2 out of the 3 births.

My cousin Casey's daughter, Drew, was born on April 5th in Atlanta, Lu's daughter, Kate, was born here on April 16th, and Millicent's daughter, Sara Kathryn, was born in Sheffield on May 1st. So now, every year we have the "trilogy" of girly birthday parties... I can't believe these beautiful babies are now all 5! How does that happen so fast?

We went to Drew's in early April, and Kate's at Pump It Up (I forgot my camera) and finally, SK's in Alabama on the 1st of May.
In typical Millie style, she didn't disappoint. SK's dress matched the balloons, the balloons matched the cake, the cake matched the plates. Even mom and dad were decked out in the pink and green theme... it was adorable. She seriously needs to be a party planner.

I've always been able to keep up with the little girls trends during the month of April. ha! This year it was no doubt, Tangled.

This was Keatyn's first trip to Sheffield, finally meeting all of her little cousins and she loved it!

Meeting cousin Brady...
Mimmie and her many munchkins...

Grace Anne and SK with Girby...
Sweet Hannah...
May 1st also happened to be Hunter's 16th birthday...
"Do you do anything but just lie there?"
I quickly mentioned to Sylvia (my MIL) one day that I would love to have something monogrammed with "Girby" on it, in case her nickname doesn't stick (or does, I guess.)
I should have known...
You can't tell from the picture, but her sister, Sheila, gave her a beautiful silver jewelry box with "Girby" written on the front. How special! Guess we'll have to start collecting her "jewels!"

On our way down, we passed through Decatur, Alabama and saw the devastation that the April 27th tornadoes had caused. It was truly heartbreaking. Several of the houses had an "OK" and a check mark spray painted on the exterior. I guess that means they had been checked and the house was clear. I couldn't help but wander if people survived in those houses or not.

Then we passed this one... there were no walls left to spray paint and I can't imagine anyone living through that.
It's hard to see, but there was a beat up car that was lifted and dropped right in the middle of that field. It was unreal.
We were so blessed during those terrible storms and seeing this reminded me of how grateful I am that God protected my family and home. It is so hard to understand.

A few days later, the parties continued. We went to a bridal shower for my sister-in-law Kadi's sister that is getting married in Hawaii. My brother and Kadi left for the wedding last Friday and are staying TEN days! JEALOUS!

For a slight moment, I dreamed of taking that trip until I realized that would mean flying 10 hours with a four-year-old and 3-month-old... no thank you.
Keatyn started screaming shortly after these pictures, so we made a quick exit. Every party girl hits her limit. But she is such a good baby and usually so happy, I can't complain!


0 comments: