Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter

Who knew a poop could completely alter an Easter plan?

Make that 2 poops.

Easter didn't quite go off as I'd envisioned it. But, I'm quickly learning that with 2 small children, not much does anymore.

It was supposed to be Keatyn's "debut" at church.
Keeping with our tradition... we birth children in February and they go to church for the first time on Easter Sunday. It worked perfectly the first time...

Believe it or not, we were ALL ready... bathed, dressed, fed, and walking out the door. Granted, we were a few minutes late already and saying to ourselves, "It's OK, we'll just miss the greeting..." I don't know what it is about trying to get to church on time. I think we would be running like our hair's on fire even if church started at 6 p.m.

Surely, we are not the only family like this???

As we were leaving Trace started his poopy dance. (That saga is another post for another day. Let's just say it's still "high drama.") Then the crowning blow was when Keatyn, already buckled into her carseat, patiently awaiting liftoff, FILLED her diaper. You know the kind that contorts their little face, is obnoxiously loud and lasts forever. The very kind you hope doesn't happen during silent prayer time at church. Wow, if it had been 20 minutes later, there would have been hysterical laughing in the pews!

That's when we knew it was over. I mean there's late and then there's just plain rude.

I was SO sad. I think that was the first Easter Sunday I've ever missed... and hopefully the last.

So...we tried to make the best of it and took some pictures at home before we left to meet our family at Ichiban for lunch...




We met everyone else after church for lunch and had a wonderful time. I'm embarrassed to admit, I ate most of mine (with double rice) and then brought home mine, Jimmy's and Trace's leftovers and finished all of it up before midnight that night. Ichiban was literally ALL I consumed that entire day. Probably not the best idea for a nursing mom.

I have a problem, I know.


All in all, it turned out to be a really nice Easter. Grandaddy and Sisty took Trace to play golf after lunch and Jimmy, Keatyn, and I went home and took a nap.

I guess we were just all pooped out ;)





















1 comments:

Kristyn Disponette said...

At least it didn't ruin that GORGEOUS Easter dress!!