Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Christening and a cookout

Have you ever had a day where you just felt God was smiling down on you from start to finish?

Sunday was one of those days.

That morning, we baptized Keatyn at our church. There is nothing more special than dedicating your baby to the Lord and taking the oath as her parents to raise her in the faith.

After Randy sprinkled her head, he carried her out into the congregation to "show her off." While he walked, the entire church sang the hymn, God Claims You, which makes me cry every time a baby is baptised...Keatyn Lynn, God claim you,
He helps you, protects you and loves you too.

We this day do all agree,
a child of God you'll always be.
We your family love you so
, we vow to help your faith to grow.
And if you should tire or cry,
then we will sing this lullaby.

Keatyn
Lynn, God claims you,

He helps you, protects you and loves you too.


Penny and Lynda taught Sunday School at their church that morning, and then they, along with Lynda's husband and Penny's nephew, came to our church for the baptism. They are so special.
They gave her a precious bear with a Jesus Loves Me ribbon on it and a picture frame that says "Dedicated to the Lord". The verse at the bottom is 1 Samuel 1:27. I didn't recognize it immediately (I should know my bible better than that!) but when I looked it up it was the one that said...

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him."

So fitting and SO true! The beautiful thing is, I know how much they prayed for her too. That means the world to me.

And then, a little later in the service, my in-laws joined the church. They have been coming since not long after Jimmy and I got married, but officially joined today! I bet the congregation was so sick of the Cofer clan by the end of the morning. ha!
It was such a wonderful service and such a blessing!

After we left church, everyone went home, changed clothes and headed to the marina for a cookout. I need to say a HUGE thank you to my dad who worked countless hours to make this happen and to my brother and Uncle Tommy for manning the grills.

Meet the newest love of Papaw's life, it's like his 3rd grandbaby...
I had been watching the weather for a week... and praying. Each day, the forecast got worse and worse. It was supposed to be a washout. There was no Plan B. (Well, except to all come back to my house and eat... YIKES!) As I was rushing out the door for church, I looked around my house and saw the dirty dishes in the sink, the cluttered countertops, the toys laying all over the living room floor, and thought to myself... Lord, PLEASE don't let it rain!!!!
At best, I was just praying for an hour of no storms. Enough to choke down a burger or two and let the kids get wet. But according to weather reports, that wasn't likely.










Nalin announced that her mom and dad were expecting a baby!!! And, Nalin will (hopefully) officially be Nalin LOSEY by the end of this month! Adoption hearings are almost complete... I'm so happy for them!

Getting a little practice...






It's so hard to say goodbye...

We all got there at 1:30 and pulled out of the parking lot at 5, just as the storm clouds rolled in. By then, all the food was gone, the kids had each had turns on the tube and had done more flips off the boat than we could count and everyone was burnt and exhausted. We practically had the lake to ourselves because the weather report was so bad.

It turned out to be the perfect day!

Thank you Lord for my baby girl, my amazing family, and blue skies.















0 comments: