Tuesday, August 30, 2011

From Pull-Ups to Sister Wives

Well Trace has had quite the week. Big changes I tell ya.

First, he's started sleeping without a pull-up at night and is still trying to master staggering from the bedroom to the bathroom, aiming and firing into the potty, and then climbing back into bed, all without actually opening his eyes.

So far he's only had a few accidents, (which were really mommy's fault) when he chugged Jimmy's Diet Cherry Pepsi after running the bases repeatedly at the ball fields, and once when he consumed his weight in watermelon right before bedtime.

Talk about setting a kid up for failure.He has also started taking showers. He tries to act really big and says he likes them much better than baths, but I'm not convinced. He stands way far away from the stream and freezes the entire time.

My baby boy is growing up so fast.He is also trying to figure out if he's really left handed or not. At one point he colored a sheet at school with both hands simultaneously. Sigh...

To his credit, Ms. Jennifer said he did it perfectly and followed every direction she gave him. When I saw it, the term "chicken scratch" immediately came to mind, but that's the teacher in me talking.

He's just exploring his options I guess.

But the BIGGEST event of the week is that he got married.

Yes, married.

To four different girls... Cindy, Lauren, Cherish, and Mia.

This morning I got the following text from Ms. Jennifer...

"I was just informed by the girls that Trace is now married to all of them... lol :-)

Jimmy's response... "That's my boy!"
My response... "Oh Lord, I'm raising a preschool polygamist."

I secretly thought this was just my punishment for setting up a series recording of TLC's Sister Wives on my DVR. I'm not proud...I'm a little addicted. Those people fascinate me.

In other news, I cut 7 inches off of my hair in an attempt to combat the extreme heat. Granted, I should have done that 3 months ago when global warming sent the temperatures into 3 digits. With 2 little ones, I just didn't have time to mess with it in the morning and spent the entire summer yanking it back into a ponytail or twisting it up. It's still "growing" on me (pardon the pun).

In my haste to rid myself of the hassle of styling long hair, I cut it just short enough that it now will neither go in a ponytail or a clip therefore forcing me to "fix" it everyday.

Yes, my plan completely backfired.

I'd also like to add 2 inch extentions onto my bangs, but I understand that would be ridiculous. I just keep pulling on them, thinking that will make them grow faster. :)

Keatyn is on her first round of antibiotics (a.k.a. the bubble gum, pink medicine.) I took her in Saturday morning after spending a looonnnng night sleeping with her in my arms and Dr. May said she had a cold which caused an ear infection. Poor baby.

We started last week with a spur of the moment trip to Alabama to surprise Sisty and Mimmie. Sisty had gone to stay there while her sister was away, so Jimmy, Granddaddy, the kids, Ginger and I headed out Monday afternoon and drive down for the night. We sent Trace to the door to "surprise" them, but they came out the side door and found Jim and Jimmy instead.

Oh well, we tried.

Keatyn got some much needed Mimmie love...

Nelson and Trace became big buddies...

Baby Mallory is set to make her appearance any day now...

Nice babe. At one point he had on the goggles, ear plugs AND the nose plug. Not his best look. It's a good thing he's so cute the other 364 days of the year.
We've been playing a lot of basketball and baseball in the front yard. We are still trying to figure out what hand Trace is gonna throw with (and color with, and write with...) He's like his mama was... cornfuuused about what hand to throw and catch with. I spent many years throwing with the wrong hand ("like a girl" as my dad liked to call it.) Had we figured it out earlier, I might have gone places.
Ha! Not likely. Have you seen me run?







1 comments:

Trinity said...

I also loooove Sister Wives! And I can't wait to see your hair.