Thursday, August 4, 2011

Party People

Technically, children's birthday parties are supposed to be for, well... the children. But the 2 we went to last weekend were as much fun for the grownups as it was for the kids. Don't you just love it when that happens!

Jack turned 4 and celebrated with a party in his new backyard pool. Leslie told me he will have every birthday party from now till college in that pool to ensure it was money well spent. ha! So... we will be forced to suffer through a backyard bar-b-que pool party every summer instead of a fun filled afternoon chasing kids through Chuck E. Cheese while trying to choke down a piece of pizza. Somehow, I'm OK with that.

Another reason not to have babies in February.

I may catch some flack from the girls about this bath suit shot!
The Motley crew...
They even had a balloon guy...
AND a bouncy house and blow up waterslide...
Can't you just see Trace's wheels turning... "I'M GONNA TRY THAT NEXT!" Fearless.

The next day, we went back to dad's marina for Abram's 6th birthday party. Keith and Carrie asked him where he wanted his party this year and he immediately said, "On Uncle Gary's boat." That thrilled my dad to death!

Abram blessing the food before we ate. I have more pictures of this kid praying, he's destine for the pulpit.
We all tried out the paddle boards that were left from a yoga class. I had Trace and Natalie hitching a ride, so I don't know that I got the full effect, but it was a lot of fun and quite a workout.


A shot from the fly bridge...


You can't tell from this picture but Gigi's soaked, down to the undies. She paddle boarded fully clothed and did great until she tried to "park" it and ran head first into the dock.

John Lennon lives...
Party pooper...
It was a wonderful weekend. I love raising babies with great friends and cousins, and making memories together. We are truly blessed!

0 comments: