Monday, January 9, 2012

Da Bears...

We've embarked on a new season of life around here.

Basketball season.

Meet "The Bears"...

It's too early in the season to declare them the "Bad News Bears" but after 3 practices and 2 games, it could go either way.

Jimmy is the assistant coach and Mike (my friend Lu's husband) is the head coach.
They are SO cute to watch. The head honcho of the league warned Jimmy that the first season they would spend the entire time teaching the difference in offense and defense. Boy, he wasn't kidding. Trace plays defense the WHOLE game. No one ever passes him the ball because his back was always turned "guarding" the poor 5-year-old who happens to be wearing the same color wrist band as big T. (That's how they determine who guards who.)
I videoed some of each game and hid in the bathroom the rest of it. No, I'm kidding.

Trace somehow drew lucky #13.
It is just so funny to watch him and his little "basketball" dance as he's self described it. At this point he looks more like a Sugar Moc than an actual basketball player, for all you Chattanooga folk. Maybe it was just nervous energy because he isn't quite sure what he's supposed to be doing, but I'm exhausted just watching him.

Rehydrating...


This one's gonna be a HANDFUL to keep up with! Luckily, I have the grandparent brigade to help. I'm so blessed!

Jimmy keeps questioning whether he's too young to have started this year. Almost everyone on his team is in Kindergarten already, although he's as big as them all. I figure, it's a learning experience either way and he's making new friends and learning the "team" concept. And a few new dance moves in the process.

GO BEARS!!!

1 comments:

Claire said...

I love it! What a little cutie Trace is! I am sure there are many, many years of sports' fun in your future.

And seeing your pics of the 'grandparent brigade' made me a little sad. That used to be our world. I was telling someone here the other day just how much my dad LOVES seeing my kids play sports. He'd keep their schedules (and their W/L records) posted on their fridge. I almost think it's more fun for them the second time around.

I KNOW my dad doesn't yell at Thomas NEARLY as much as he'd yell at my brother! =)