Thursday, January 19, 2012

"more sketti please..."

Her first spaghetti dinner was a success...

This chickadee will eat ANYTHING. I've yet to find anything she turns her nose up at. She eats beets, black olives, salsa, chili, avocado, kidney beans and every vegetable I've offered her. I hope it continues because her brother's nutritional spectrum basically consists of fruit and cheese, PB&J's, steak, and corn. Oh, and bread. He wouldn't be a true Thaxton if he didn't love a good O'Charley's roll slathered in butter now and then. Or seven. Ever heard of the food pyramid son?

I put her in the bath with me and it felt like we were floating in a tub of noodles. I had to scrub down the tub surround when we were done because there was spaghetti sauce from her little hands all over it.

I now know why my mom used to put rubber pants on my head before I ate.
or a Mickey Mouse hat...
Pretty much anything to cover the tresses and cut down on the clean up will do.

Mama knows best.

1 comments:

Jane said...

I remember you in those days..doesn't seem that long ago!