Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer So Far...

Summer has hardly begun, but since it's been 100 degrees since March, it feels like we should be breaking out the sweaters and jeans.  Although I'm ready for some cooler temps, I'm not ready to turn my boy loose in four short weeks to the wild world of Kindergarten. :(   I'm trying to savor this time.

A quick summer recap in pictures...

We started off the summer by celebrating the "pending" arrival of precious Harper, at where else...Fuji.
I mean, what else screams "Welcome Baby"  like flying knives and oil fueled fire???  I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the GG's together.  Sorry ladies!








Countdown to Disney!!
 Jimmy chased down (literally) the ice cream truck to fetch an enormously over-inflated popsicle for these rascals.  Knowing where we live, you know that was no easy task.  But they sure were happy!  Thanks daddy!


We did VBS in late June and it was a huge success!  I was in charge of snacks again (THE best job to have) and aside from all of  the terrifying allergies, it was a really fun week.

Trace was in the preschool group, and they technically don't get to help make the snacks.  But since Mama's in charge, he got to hang with the big boys one day and make barbells out of pretzels, grapes and cheese. (And most importantly, wear the hat)  It pays to have connections.
We took a ride on the pontoon over to the rope swings we found at the end of last summer. Somehow after this manly dismount (hee hee), Jimmy ended up lounging in the water while I did all the heavy lifting...




Ohhh, those thighs!

A fun filled night of dancing in the living room (to Poison's Unskinny Bop) hit a sour note when Trace fell on his elbow.  The X-Rays were totally worth it, though the fascination with the sling lasted only about 5 hours.

Ginger's last squirrel.
Making Great Frank's 93rd birthday flag cake.



I love you daddy.
I'm gonna gently pat your face...
and hug your neck...
and then kiss you FULL on the mouth, tongue and all. :)



And now it's stopped??  

Our dear friend Sherry turned 60 and had a b-day bash at her church. 
 
 (Someone needs to tell my children, there is no dancing at the Church of Christ ;)  Uhhh, us Methodists.


Minnow catching in the creek...

This is what happens when you send your husband to Publix for coffee.

Learning (and loving) to eat corn on the cob.

Her favorite toy is my mascara.  She grabs it off my vanity and takes off running.
We didn't catch her in time.  You should have seen her tongue.

0 comments: