Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bye Bye Baby Tooth

Trace lost his first tooth!! (On July 16th... I'm way behind)

 I'll admit, it was a very bittersweet day.  I had JUST gotten off the phone with Lucia, who told me the class roster for Kindergarten had been posted on the Parent's Web for CCS.  No sooner had I fired up the computer and found his name, officially verifying in writing that he is starting school in just a few days (sniff, sniff, I was still in denial) than he appeared at my door with his tooth literally laying on it's side in his mouth. 

Jimmy sprung into action.  He found some dental floss and began tying it to Trace's bottom front tooth.

Really???  Are we seriously going to tie his tooth to the door and slam it, like the cave men did?

Yes, apparently we are.

** Please disregard the fact that Trace is in his underwear.  I'm not sure why he's naked.  He's begun a new ritual of taking off ALL of his clothes when he uses the bathroom (#2)  I'm assuming he had just come from the potty but then again I've found him on more than one occasion lounging in the nude while watching TV in the middle of the day.  I'm hoping this phase wears itself out quickly...

I grabbed the video camera and said a silent prayer that this wouldn't forever traumatize our little lad. 
It totally worked!!  That little tooth just popped right out, and then the search began to find it in the carpet.I wish I could upload the video, because you should have heard some obnoxious parents in the background screaming and hooting.  I don't know what's happened to us.
This is the next morning, showing his loot from the tooth fairy and the pillow Sisty made him to put it in.  A debate broke out on Facebook about how much the tooth fairy leaves for the first tooth these days and although our nation is in an economic crisis, the overwhelming majority agreed silver change is no longer sufficient.  5 bucks...really?!?!  We've come a long way since the day I got multiple teeth knocked out by my brother and his plastic golf club.  (He claims he has no memory of said event, but he remembers...)

So the sucker that I am, took him the next night to spend his tooth fairy money (plus the few extra dollars that the grands gave him) at Kohls.  I had to return some shoes and had a 30% coupon, plus they were having a huge sale.  Needless to say, there was no sale on the toys that week, so I put an extra $5 with it to buy him a Cyclone Kick Batman, which stopped cyclone kicking before we even got out of the Chick-Fil-A drive thru and home.  Sigh.

His new tooth has started to grow in already and the one beside it is already loose.  He will probably start Kindergarten snaggle-toothed, which is adorable. This boy is growing up SO fast!!


0 comments: