Saturday, August 4, 2012

18 months

I can't believe that my pig tailed princess is a year and a half old already!  These 18 months have flown by.  It is hard to remember life without her!! 

Keatyn is still crazy about her brother, although she's learning quickly to hold her own.  Jimmy and I laugh about how dang tough she is.  But I have a feeling it won't be long before she comes up swinging after one of Trace's "love tackles."  He still loves to climb in her crib in the mornings and after her nap and throw every pillow and stuffed animal he can find in there with them.  I'm not sure how much sister loves it, but it's so cute to watch on the monitor.  I'm going to miss that so much when he starts Kindergarten.
She is down to one good nap in the afternoon, and usually goes to bed between 8 and 8:30 at night.
 Her happiest time of day is still breakfast, lunch and dinner.  ha!!  My girl can E.A.T!!!
She loves the water and isn't afraid to get her hair wet.  The puddle jumpers were the best invention ever!
 I am loving dressing her and fixing her hair, which has turned mostly blonde now, with just a few streaks of red left.  It has started to curl and flip some at the ends and she doesn't seem to mind the bows as much as before. In fact, her bow basket is one of her favorite toys.
She has a big personality and has fully lived up to her nickname "Sassy."  She lets you know exactly what she wants and don't mind repeating herself if her demands aren't met quickly enough!  She has this silly laugh she can do that makes her sound like she's smoked 5 packs a day over the last 18 months.  We'd dubbed it her "smokers laugh."   Papaw said the other day that Trace was going to be an engineer... and Keatyn was going to be a juvenile delinquent.  In his words, she has no "off" button.  She climbs on everything!!  We have had to lay the bar stools on their side in the kitchen because I couldn't keep her off the countertops. Scary...
For my birthday, Sylvia had their portraits made by Barry Aslinger.  He did a fantastic job and truly captured there distinct personalities. And let me tell you... the man earned his $$ chasing these two.  I had to leave! :)

I have a 24x30 canvas print of this one on my mantel.  I LOVE it!  Thank you Sisty!!!!

Baby girl, you are truly our sunshine and have completed our family perfectly!! We love you so much!





0 comments: