Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Disturbing

So I drop my baby girl off at my mom's the other day, and a few hours later, she greets me at the door in this...

 This is so disturbing, I hardly have words.
Apparently, Nana was looking for Keatyn a replacement for some wet britches and came upon this little number in her drawer.  She thought it would be the perfect princess dress and even accessorized with a gold chain link necklace.  I think Nana may have a warped definition of "princess."

To add insult to injury...
She insisted it hadn't been worn in YEARS, and tried to claim she got it as a wedding gift, 42 years ago.  I wasn't around in 1970 (but now know what I was most likely conceived in 1974 in... ugh) but it doesn't strike me as lingerie from long ago.

I don't know what's worse, seeing my parents "sex" clothes (to quote my favorite show Friends) or seeing my toddler so happily twirling about in it. 

Another hand-me-down. At least it wasn't blue.

We may both need therapy.


0 comments: