Monday, September 3, 2012

Sassy goes to School

Keatyn started her little Mother's Day Out program the day after Trace started Kindergarten.

Oh, my heart.  Didn't I just have them both yesterday???

She's going to Hixson Pres. on Thursday mornings, to the infamous Ms. Barb's class.  Trace adored her, along with every other child and parent that comes through the program.  She is the ultimate preschool teacher... gentle, calm, kind.  Just what you would want for your babies first teacher. 

Here she goes...

Mom, I got this.  You don't even have to walk me in.
This one made her Papaw cry when I sent it to him on his phone.  He's now added an 8 x 10 to his office shrine.  If ever I want to see pictures of my children from birth to present displayed, I can just stop in at Nationwide Insurance.  My parents may have to construct a room addition to house all the photos after dad retires!
Ms. Barb and her class were on the playground when we got there which made the transition really easy.  She said she didn't cry at all, other than when one of the little boys pulled her bows out.  Ms. Barb said the pigtails + the twirly bows were just too much for Nate to pass up.  He is the baby of 3 boys and isn't used to all that hair!

I didn't know what to do with myself for 3 whole hours, so I happily wondered the aisles of Target and leisurely tried on clothes in the dressing room.  It was a strange feeling without my little sidekicks.  Ms. Shannon, the preschool director, said that whenever a child is upset and crying for their mommy, she just tells them they're at Target and will be back in a few minutes.  She's usually right. ha!

0 comments: