Sunday, August 19, 2012

In reverse...

I got a little ahead of myself last week.  It was a whirlwind!  I thought I'd already posted our 2 other little trips to CCS to introduce Trace (and mom) to the school, but I hadn't.  I'm used to living my life in catch up mode so I'm going in reverse today.

A couple of weeks ago, I took Trace down to school to show him around.  He had only been there 2 other times and it was very short, crowded, in and out trips, so we went and spent just a little time there learning our way around, finding his classroom, the gym, the cafeteria and of course the playground.



 We had been working on states so when we found this HUGE map of the U.S. painted on the sidewalk next to the playground, we had a  teachable moment  fun mommy/son moment.  It was blazing hot that day, but I enjoyed every second we spent out there.  He would run and jump on California or Washington state and then tell me to go stand on New York or Florida.  Then he would cup his hands around his mouth and yell "Heeelllloooo there!  How is it over in ____________?"  It was precious and although silly, something I'll never forget.

Getting the much needed "back to school" free haircut from JCPenney!  
 Looking at this picture, I think I see where the young males fascination with boobs begin. At the hairdressers.  They are right there in. your. face.
 And then, there was Desk Day.  CCS doesn't "phase in" like most schools, and I'm not sure why, but they have a day before the first day of school to come, meet the teacher, put all your supplies up, and look around the room.  It was about 30 minutes total and Trace was really loving that time frame.  The 7 hour day the followed, he wasn't as fond of.

 Meeting Mrs. Watts for the first time...
 Showing off his new LL Bean backpack...

So, now it's Sunday night and we are ready to kick off our first full week of Kindergarten.  Trace has already said 3 times this afternoon that he doesn't want to go to school tomorrow.  Just what every parent wants to hear! 

I have yet to get ANY details about the past 3 days... no names of people in his class, what they are doing in the room, what all he's learned.  Fortunately, Mrs. Watts has sent 3 mass emails to the parents filling us in on all the happenings and keeping us in the know.  It is wonderful to have a teacher that communicates so well. 

I've already texted Lauren's mom, Trace's friend from preschool, to see if she is getting any more info, being that Lauren is a girl. (Is this a sign as to what I'm gonna have to do with my future daughter-in-law???)  All Emily could give me was the run down on everyone's hair style in the classroom.  Apparently, Lauren is a budding beauty consultant.  Oh, and lets not forgot the Everyone Poops and The Gas We Pass books they read the first day, that Lauren went on and on about.  I can't believe Trace wasn't all over that! 

If he  is anything like his Uncle Andy, getting any dirt about his day is going to be like pulling teeth. One word answers on the car ride home, followed by a lot of  "I don't remembers."  Sigh.  This may be a long year!!  But hopefully a great one! :)

0 comments: