Monday, November 19, 2012

All I Really Need To Know About Life I Learned In Kindergarten

Kindergarten is in full swing and I'm learning a lot. 

I know I'm not the one that's supposed to be learning, but I am. 

I'm learning to let go a little.  I'm learning that I can't actually control everything in my children's life, even though I want to.  I'm learning that sending your baby out into the big, bad world is terrifying, yet necessary.  I'm learning that having an obnoxiously loud bell right outside the classroom door is not helpful in getting a child that is scared of loud noises in and out of a school building.  I'm learning that getting up and out the door every morning before 8 a.m. isn't much fun, but isn't as bad as I had thought either.

I'm learning to turn it over to God, and that He will watch over and protect, when I can't be there.  HE'S got this!!

I've gotten to spend some time in the classroom and love getting to know all the kids.  I'm the "homeroom mom" and it's fun being on the the other side.  It only solidifies in my mind, what a different teacher I would be, going back into the classroom as a mother.  There are so many things I would go back and change, so many words, , and actions I would take back.  You now put your child's face on each student you teach and have a mother's heart instead of just a teacher's heart.  That makes a huge difference. The oath the doctors take of "do no harm" TOTALLY applies to teachers too! I just pray the "harm" I did was minimal.

Pictures from the Fall party...










I wasn't technically supposed to be at Grandparent's Day, but I volunteered to help with refreshments, so I got to sneak in the back and hear this precious program.  I'm telling you, you'd have to have a heart of stone to not get teary eyed during this performance.  They sang " I Am a Promise" and "God Bless America" and it was all I could do to keep from sobbing! 


 The Creative Discovery Museum came to school for a field trip on "Health" and it was great!  They learned about organs, bones, teeth, food, and exercise.  Trace got to be the example for the Glo Germ lotion that shows all the germs on your hands under a black light.  Very cool.

 Then they went back to the classroom and made a web of all they had learned.  Such a fun morning!
It's so true!  Everything you need to know about life, you really do learn in Kindergarten.  I just didn't expect to learn so much myself!

0 comments: