Saturday, November 30, 2013

Turkey day in our PJs

Oh yes.  We did the unthinkable.

The unconstitutional, unAmerican, NOT what the pilgrims would have done... unthinkable.

We spent Turkey Day in our pajamas. 

AND, wait for it...

We ate spaghetti.

Gasp! The horror...

Not because anyone was sick, or cranky, or menstrual.  Just because we could.
(And we had done Thanksgiving with my family on Sunday and Jimmy's parents were in Destin. ;)
Well, let me clarify.  The 3 smartest Cofers spent Thanksgiving in our warm and cozies, bundled under blankets by the Christmas tree watching the parade and Tom and Jerry's Wizard of Oz.  Our fearless leader, spent it on a mountain, up a tree, in 15 degree weather with a wind chill of 7, waiting for Bambi.  The man is cray, cray!


I was so certain, in fact, that the kids and I would remain in our PJs that I allowed Cheeky our Elf to arrive atop my car, propped up against the garage door opener until Papa Bear returned mid afternoon and Cheeky could make his big reveal.  (The big reveal was me sending Trace out to the garage to throw away his sister's poopy diaper, tied up in a bi-lo bag ;)  Ahhh, the memories.

And he did not disappoint.
He even wrote a little note reminding us of the true meaning of Christmas and how we are to show God's love by helping others. ;)

I love my little reader!  So proud of him...
Cheeky brought some loot.
The Polar Express, new Christmas plates, popcorn, hot chocolate and M&Ms.  The ingredients for the perfect family movie night to kick off the Christmas holiday.
So, what did my kids do?  Make a pillow nest, of course. Someday when they're old and gray (like mid 30's) I pray they will remember the times they dragged every blanket and pillow in the house into the living room to pile up and watch a movie. 


(And guess who usually puts ALL those back?!?)
But it's totally worth it!  

0 comments: