Sunday, June 26, 2016

Keatyn takes the stage


My big girl has had a busy few weeks.  She graduated from Pre K and did her first dance recital.  This chick is FULL of personality but can get a little intimidated and shy when all eyes are on her.  I wasn't quite sure what she'd think of the stage, but she proved quickly, she loved it.  Lol!

Little Bo Peep... or Little Bo Peet as she called herself ;)









The Target maxi skirts were in full force in PreK, so Lesley, Beth and I decided they needed to wear them to "graduation."  So cute!
 We were so blessed with Ms. Alisa and Ms. Jamie this year.  Couldn't have asked for better teachers!

I thought this was so funny.  Apparently although she's never even had a lesson, she wants to be a tennis coach when she grows up.  Alrighty then...
 The week after was her big dance recital rehearsal.  We had talked a lot about her being on the big stage and all the people that would be out in the audience.  I had totally prepared myself for her to get out there and freeze/fall/cry or all of the above.  She nailed it!  And loved it!  My girl may be destined for the stage.




 After her last dance, I asked her if she wanted to come out to the audience and watch a "couple."  2 hours later, we had watched the entire rest of the show and were some of the only remaining people in the audience.  She loves this stuff.
 The next Saturday, the big day was here.  We were prepared for hours and hours of dancing, but Alicia was smart enough to break the 4 hour show in half and had "ending bows" at halftime (how I explained it to Trace ha!) so we could leave once she was through with her 2 dances.  My dad, after enduring YEARS of dance recitals, was very thankful.  Ha! 




 I adore this picture.  Her sweet daddy stopped his fishing tournament hours early to come watch her dance.  He wouldn't have missed it for the world.  Look at her looking at him.  Pure love...


 Ms. Jennifer, her sweet, talented teacher...



 And her adoring fans...






She can't wait for the video of the recital to get here.  I have no doubt it will be on repeat at our house for a while.  So proud of her and her sweet little dance friends!

0 comments: