Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My boy and his dog

***DISCLAIMER*** These pictures are only blurry because I am not computer savvy enough to know how to upload them from the website... so I laid them on the counter and took a picture of them with my own camera. The original pictures are perfectly clear! Sad, I know, I really need to take a computer class!

We went to Master Portraits last Friday night to get Christmas pictures made. As you know, getting pictures made can be either sweet and fun or a catastrophic nightmare. Santa was there and I witnessed first hand another parent's nightmare as their 2-year-old was TERRIFIED to be in the same room with dear St. Nick, let alone sit in his lap. Adding to the stress of pictures with an almost 2-year-old, we decide to take our beloved dog, Ginger, in the hopes that they could get some made together. We lost Ginger's "husband" Chase in May when we had to put him to sleep because of a tumor and I could kick myself for not having a picture of the 3 of them made. Ginger is now 12 and we weren't going to take the chance again so... off we went. IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME WHY ALL OF MY WORDS HAVE A LINE UNDER THEM, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT! hbcofer@hotmail.comI was really pleased with how they turned out. Normally, Ginger doesn't let Trace within an inch of her for fear of being "loved on" which really looks like "heavy" petting and smothering. Trace is so sweet to her but Ginger is an old, half deaf dog that really just wants to be left alone! Anyway, she was very cooperative and we got some great ones of the two of them. We gave Ginger a bath with real shampoo so she would be fluffy and bright and she smelled like a lady. Trace, however, decided to do his thing (meaning poop) in the middle of the session. At one point a laughed and thought, it's sad when your dog smells better than your baby, but it was undeniably true (I'm sure the rest of the patrons would agree)!

I love this one but didn't choose it for the Christmas card because the background doesn't look very Christmassy (if that's a word). Master Portraits did a great job. They were fast, professional, and inexpensive! We took the pics of Friday night and got them in the mail on Monday... wow! And best of all, they gave Mrs. Ginger a fun night out!

2 comments:

Andi said...

1. I'd be happy to teach u some 'puter stuff...scanning, uploading, etc.
2. I LOVE that u had pix with Ginger taken. From one dog lover to another even a dog they r a member of ur family, even if ours is outside (hopefully Anne's neighbor isn't reading or I may have a PETA rep at my home - just ask her 'bout that one!)
3. That boy is so handsome & his expressions...man to be a kid again!

YaYa said...

The lines under your words are not showing up on the site, so who knows what it's doing. Andi can help. I love the pics. He is so handsome