Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Peacoats for petites... not me

OK, if you don't know me, I am 5'10 (almost) and have EXTREMELY long extremities. Some people find this a luxury, I, however... do not. If you have ever tried shopping for pants, skirts, dresses or tops with giraffe arms and legs you understand my pain. So... you can imagine what it is like when I find things that come in "longs" or "talls", aside from jeans and pants, these are rare. I am also not a huge coat fan, mainly because the arms are always to short and you look kind of ridiculous in sub zero temps with your coat sleeves pushed up trying to pull off the "3/4 length" look. I also don't like the bulky feeling of wearing a coat.

Anyway, I knew I needed a coat and found one on Old Navy website (thanks to Big Mama's blog under "my favorite things") that came in talls!!!, was canvas (great for Ginger dog hairs and not bulky) and VERY cheap!! In fact, it was $39 marked down to $19. The bargain hunter in me thought, "WOW, buy 2 and take one back if you don't think you'll wear both!" Jimmy was also very excited for me, understanding my ongoing shopping dilemma. So, the peacoats (I ordered green & khaki) came today and maybe I just never understood the meaning of "pea"coat, but I put it on and immediately began to laugh. It honestly looked like it was made for a 10-year-old midget (no offense to anyone who may be reading this). Even my sweet husband who always says, "ah, it looks great honey" agreed I looked ridiculous. So now I am back to the drawing board after being so sure I had found the "perfect" coat. If I ever win the lottery, I am going to design and franchise my own fashion label... just for us giraffes!

0 comments: