Tuesday, November 11, 2008

still here

It's been a while since my last post. Things are good (better) around here. The stomach bug has left the building...we hope and pray. I spent this morning while Trace was in MDO cleaning and disinfecting this nasty house. Why is it when someone (in our case, everyone) has been sick you literally want to open all the windows and doors (even when it's 50 degrees) take a pressure washer full of bleach and hose everything down? Well, I didn't go that far but it's now clean. I LOVE a clean house, I just HATE cleaning it!!

I laughed with my mom on the phone last night that I am so tired of talking about poop! For the last 2 weeks we have examined and thoroughly discussed every bowel movement Trace has had... I know how disgusting that sounds! I then report it to my mother for further analysis. She has been dubbed "Dr. Brown" among her friends b/c she is always looking things up on WebMD or Dr. Wyle... she so should have been in the medical field. This Shigella bacterial bug the doc warned us about has made me nervous, so you tend to over analyze everything.

I began to think last night about how it is very similar to picking out a diamond. Everyone has heard of the 4C's... cut, color, clarity and carat. Examining poop is much the same if you think about it... you have the shape and texture (cut) then the color (that's obvious) and then the clarity, looking for stuff that's not supposed to be there (Shigella), and finally the carat, was it a BIG poop or just a little poop. Trace will probably disown me one day when he reads this, but I know all you moms out there understand!

0 comments: