Thursday, May 21, 2009

2 ...going on 32

I've been told since the day Trace was born to get ready because they grow up so fast and that is becoming more evident everyday. Sometimes it seems like he is literally growing before my very eyes. He looks so long in his bed and his little toes are already poking through his 24 month pajamas. I am still desperately trying to hang on to the little footed pjs but am finding less and less of them.

I am looking into having some made... ha, ha!

The other night, he was riding on his plasma car in the driveway (he puts Jeff Gordon to shame, he is so fast and fearless it's scary) and our neighbor walked over and yells, "hey buddy". Before I could turn around, Trace jumped off his car, walked over to the fence and said, "Hi Brian, how you?" and holds out his hand to shake it! I could not believe my eyes... he was like a little 3 foot, diaper-wearing politician!

Then yesterday, I was asking him what everybody's name was. He correctly told me my name was Heidi and then told me daddy's name was Jim. That was hilarious to me, because in the 8 years I'm known Jimmy, not ONCE have I ever called him Jim...that's his dad.

If fact, no one calls him Jim except in the "business world" and I can assure you, Jimmy barricades himself in his home office whenever he is on a business call. After all, nothing says "professional" like hearing a toddler in the background belt out the ABE's (as Trace calls them) at the top of his lungs at noon on a weekday. Some days, he probably really rethinks that "working from home" plan.

I have no idea where he picked up that name but it goes to show... they are listening to everything we say... scary!

But... rest assured, just about the time I'm convinced his "babyhood" has ended and I start getting baby fever, I hear "hold you mommy" coming from his sweet little mouth and he jumps up in my arms and lays his head on my shoulder... and I know it's not quite over yet. And then the poopy in his pampers really confirms it... no business meetings yet!

I can't decide if he's gonna be a Nascar driver or if he'll run for Mayor :)

Here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks. This is Trace with his Mimmie (Jimmy's grandmother). They were in town for a visit over the weekend. She is so precious and Trace adores her.
Four generations...

Sheila (Sylvia's sweet, sweet sister), Trace, sippy cup, Mimmie, Polly (Jimmy's great aunt) and Sylvia. Trace had a blast pushing Polly's walker around the house... anything with wheels!

I was truly blessed when I inherited this family. They are so special to me!

1 comments:

Jen said...

Someone needs to tell Sylvia to age already!! I just love her & Jim, too!!! You were lucky to inherit them! But, I'm sure they feel they were the lucky ones! :) Love the one of Trace & Mimmie! So special!