Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Random Rainy Rambling

Well, it's ANOTHER rainy day!! But, when you wake up to this sweetness...
it's hard to be blue! There's nothing like a sleepy little guy who has just woken up with bus hair, his blanket, and his bobbie to make another gloomy morning happy!

We have had sooo much rain lately that I didn't want the geraniums I just planted to get root rot, so, in this mornings downpour, I ran outside in my pajamas (which consists of Jimmy's boxers and old t-shirt), flip flops and his lovely, hooded raincoat to cover them.

Those planters are way too heavy to pick up, especially with 10 pounds of rainwater in them, so I was searching around the house trying to find something to cover them with. My first attempt was a TV tray, but it didn't fit around the pot so it stood on top and just looked, well... ridiculous.

I could only find one umbrella so I had to improvise!
Classy... I know! But I will have to say better than two soaked TV trays looming 3 feet above each one. Ha! Ha!

I nearly broke my neck frantically running in wet flip flops to hide in the garage when our neighbor pulled out of his driveway for work. No one needs that type of scare so early in the day.

And, yes, I was referring to my neighbor seeing me first thing in the morning, not me nearly breaking my neck (that happens almost daily).

************************************************************************************
If there are any lasting doubts that we truly have the most spoiled (but very loved) dog on the planet, here's proof...

If she doesn't get to ride and we don't put her in the house, she runs behind the lawnmower and every white spot you see then becomes green. She rolls around in the freshly mowed grass until she looks like a leprechaun, it honestly looks like she's wearing green socks.

The last time, it took about 3 days for her to return to her "natural" dog color of white and orange! Yes, we bathed her, but have you ever tried getting grass stains out... of a dog?
I guess she got tired halfway through and had to lay down. It's exhausting being a princess!

Hope ya'll have a great day and stay dry!

0 comments: