Friday, May 8, 2009

Hide and Seek

This is Trace's favorite new pose. If he ever gets really quiet or turns up in the house missing, I can usually wander into a room and find him like this. He has discovered the game of hide and seek but hasn't quite mastered the hiding part yet... as you can see.

Tonight after his bath, Jimmy calls me into our bedroom and says, "Mama, go find Trace, he's hiding!" He laid there very still on our bed (sorry it's not made) as I began circling the room "looking" for him.

At one point, I guess his patience level was weening (and probably his oxygen level too) because as I was going through my routine of... "is he under the bed, is he behind the curtain, is he in the closet?" I hear the faintest little muffled voice whisper "no" into the towel. It's like he just can't stand it any longer and had to help me out! Ohhh, those little attention spans...

Here's his... "I can't believe you found me... I thought I was hidden SO good this time" laugh!!

We decided to make some cupcakes and I let him help me ice them. I know, after his bath, great planning on my part.

He is the king of the double dip. Put the spoon in the icing, lick it, then spread a little on the cupcake, lick the spoon again and repeat! Good thing nobody else will be eating these.

Believe it or not, we didn't have to have bath #2 after this... just many wet paper towels. I could honestly go through an entire roll in one day, just cleaning this child!

Hope everyone has a great weekend...and if you get hungry, come on over for a cupcake ;)

2 comments:

Claire said...

Very cute pictures Heidi. And thank you a million times over for the hook up with the Dum-Dums lollipops at Bi-Lo the other day. You literally saved me!

Andi said...

You know Trace will remember getting to ice & eat cupcakes after his bath more than some little thing you think he should remember more. Its those fun memories you will look back on most. Your a fun & GREAT mom. Hope your mother's day was filled with blessings!