Sunday, May 3, 2009

Wet Weekend

Well, the weather pretty much spoiled all of our weekend plans, but that's OK, it turns out sometimes a very low key, soggy weekend is pretty nice.

Friday, I was supposed to walk in the Relay for Life Cancer Walk but it got postponed until the 16th. Imagine me feverously packing Friday afternoon for the Relay. I had Trace's wagon loaded with towels, blankets, folding chairs, jackets, snacks, water bottles, hats, cell phone, and money (for our hotdog dinner). Jimmy and Trace we behind me in his truck (they weren't staying as late as I was) driving in the thunder and lightning with HUGE raindrops slowly hitting my windshield. Five minutes later, the bottom fell out! I turn into the high school and not a car in sight, no tents, no banners, no walkers... what????

I called my mom (who was also walking out the door for the Relay) and asked her what was going on. She pulled up my e-mail (which of course I hadn't checked since 8:30 that morning) and read to me that the walk had been postponed. That e-mail came in at noon and it was then 6:02. SOOOO... change of plans. I had nothing in the house for us to eat (was planning on feeding my fam hotdogs at the walk and we were leaving town the next day) so we went and got Choo-Choo's barbeque, rented Finding Nemo and came home for our first official "family movie night".

Saturday, we were supposed to drive to Alabama for Jimmy's cousins 3rd birthday. We were really excited to see his family and let the kids all play. They were even going to have pony rides at the birthday party. However, when we got up and realized the torrential downpours were going to continue and one of the towns we drive through was quickly flooding, we decided not to go. This weekend was just not turning out at all like I had planned!

So now, we have watched a lot of Barney, played with Play Doh, run trucks, choo choos and cars over every surface of this house, read The Little Engine That Could and Curious George takes a Train more times than I care to count and just tried to stay dry and as far away from the swine flu as possible. Although I'm usually the one that likes to go 90 miles per hour and loves having things planned to do, it has been kinda nice just hanging out around the house.

I read several other blogs everyday and Kelly's Korner is one of my favorites. I found it when her little girl Harper was born and nearly died shortly after birth. She is now 3 months old and adorable! Kelly is a wonderful Christian mom and their story is so inspirational. She posts a lot of prayer requests and praises on her blog.

This week, she posted one about a 5 month old named Noah who 13 days ago was shaken by his daycare worker. He is now possibly severely brain damaged and blind. They are still not even sure he is out of the woods yet. His story has touched me and I have found myself drawn to his blog everyday to watch for updates on this precious child. I can't even begin to imagine the heartbreak his parents are living with.

Please take a minute to pray for Noah, his parents, and the lady that did this. So far they have had over 23,000 visitors to his site from dozens of countries offering prayers for him. I have seen first hand what the power of prayer can do and I know his parents would appreciate all they can get right now. You can click here to go to his website, Noah's Road. I will warn you, the beautiful picture of him, smiling with those big blue eyes on the home page will take your breath away knowing what has happened to him. I only can pray his parents will see that same precious smile one day soon.

1 comments:

Andi said...

i'm so sorry you did not know relay was cancelled until you were there!!! I also sent you a text, do you still have the same phone#? Again, i'm really sorry you went thru all that, b/c i know what it entails!