Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Dinner Cruise

One of my favorite things to do in the summer is go across the river by boat and eat. Sunday night, we drove to Harrison Bay and ate at Dockside Cafe. It is SOOO good.

I am pretty easy to please in the restaurant department. Give me bread before my meal, good ole southern sweet tea, and plenty of dipping sauces (I'm a big dipper) and you've hooked me! Trace has discovered the joy of dipping sauces like his mama. Here he is dipping his cucumbers and tomatoes in ranch.



I have resigned myself to the fact that Trace will grow up on the water. There is just no way around it. His daddy is a fishing nut through and through and can't wait to take him on his first fishing trip. I think we are a LONG way from that actually being enjoyable for either of them at this point, but, he can dream.

Here are Jimmy and Trace eating, what else... dessert! He honestly couldn't shovel it in fast enough.

It was a gorgeous night and we got to watch the sunset while we ate. I could not pry the corn cob away from his little fingers long enough to take the picture, sometimes you have to pick your battles :)


Trace loves riding in the boat and sits in Jimmy's lap so he can "drive". He is always asking him to go "fassss" and when that doesn't work as well as he'd hoped, he throws in a "more fassss pez". Woo Hoo...I can tell my constant nagging of "How do we ask for something?" is starting to sink in!

I look forward to many more days on the water with my boys!

0 comments: