Saturday, April 11, 2009

Eggs, Eggs and More Eggs

Boy, Easter egg dying (sp?) has gotten much more involved since the last time I did it. Now for a mere $1.99 you get egg stickers, a memory egg game, shrink wrap for your eggs, egg holders, an egg punch out necklace and of course the egg coloring tablets. What a bargain.

We kept it simple and stuck to the basics. The school teacher in me focused more on learning the shape of the eggs ("ogal" as he calls it) and naming all the colors. I know.... DORK, but it is ingrained in my DNA to find the "teachable moment" in everything. It's a hard habit to break.

He really liked it and miraculously we got by with only breaking 2 out of the 12 eggs. Since eggs closely resemble a ball and Trace is into throwing anything and everything these days, the odds were not in our favor.

To get in the egg dying spirit, he wore his Joe's Crab Shack tie-dyed t-shirt we got in Destin. I know... DORK. I will probably hear about this from my brother.

Trace's "GO BIG ORANGE" egg. We taught him that early!
Tonight, we went to my Aunt Gail's house to have dinner and an Easter egg hunt with all the kids. They were hilarious running around the yard looking in bushes. Her poor plants will never be the same.

Since Trace was the youngest, they let him get a head start. Unfortunately, he was much more concerned with the candy hidden in the egg than actually finding any. Once he got 2 or 3 in his basket, he was content just to sit and eat the jelly beans out of them. I'm pretty sure he ate straight through several of those little chocolate eggs wrapped in foil. Didn't seem to slow him down a bit. I'll probably be seeing shiny tinfoil in his diaper for days.

Here are all the kiddos with their baskets, aren't they precious? Notice... Trace is the ONLY one with his egg out and open, eating candy.
Taking a much needed candy break. Trace is looking at Molly the dog like, "I know you're not about to take my jelly bean dog...I will take you down!"


Drew getting a little help from Daddy!

This is Trace's version of hide and seek. We have been playing it around the house a lot lately, but tonight when we told him to go hide, he laid on the ground in a ball and covered his face. It is so cute, I guess he thinks if he can't see you then you can't see him! Granddaddy decided to hide with him.

I LOVE getting together with my family and letting our kids play and make memories like this. It is so sweet to see them all interact and I want them to grow up close like we all did. It is so hard these days to do that but it is too important not to! Hope everyone has a blessed Easter tomorrow and remember what it is all really about!

0 comments: