Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Memories

I can't believe we just celebrated our 3rd Easter with our little chick! It really makes it real just how quickly they grow up when you start looking back at old pictures. Here are some...

Easter 2007

Trace on his 1st Easter. He was exactly 2 months old that day. We had to literally wedge him between the seat cushions because he couldn't sit up yet. I remember it well. That was the first time he went to church, the first time he slept through the night (Momma's remember stuff like that!) and the first meeting of his posse'... the bunny, the duck, the chick and the Easter frog! They have since become fast friends.

Church was quite eventful that day. I was terrified he would "let one rip" so to speak in the middle of the sermon (he was known for that), but he slept through most of it and woke up just in time to sing along with the choir at the end. He has never been known as a quiet child.

Easter 2008

Ohhhh, my little munchkin. I love the bedhead look. It's like we literally yanked him out of bed, put him in his chair, threw a baseball Easter basket full of candy at him and told him to look at the camera.

Easter 2009


Same basket, and I'm a little embarrassed to say, same ole chick. Yes, I recycled 2 of his stuffed animals from his first Easter, but we are in a recession and they had been hiding in the top of his closet for months. I know I can't get away with that much longer. Here he is sharing his "peanut budddder" chocolate bunny with the chick.

Don't you know the nursery workers just love us sugaring them up before dropping them off at church. That has to be the longest hour of their day!

Here's our post church formal family photo op! This is about as formal as we get... and as still.
We were doing pretty good, even managed to get Ginger in the picture and then... da plane, da plane. If there is a plane, choo choo, fire truck, or tractor within a mile, he will find it and everything else stops. It's like little boys are born with radar.
I remember when my brother played little league baseball and the train tracks ran right behind the field. The umpire would completely stop the game and take a time out everytime a train would come because all the little boys would turn around and watch it go by, totally oblivious to the fact that a ballgame was going on. Now, I understand why :)

Hope everyone enjoyed a very Happy Easter!

** If someone knows why all of my words are underlined, please tell me!

0 comments: