Saturday, August 8, 2009

Whirlwind

As I sit here typing this, my stomach is in knots. In a few hours, I will be on a plane to Florida. This past week, my Papaw J-Bird (my dad's father) developed some severe heart complications and is not doing well.

When all of this started, I thought to myself, "After the wedding, we will go." I had even found plane tickets and nailed down some plans. I have become quite a "planner", don't know if it's being a new mom or the teacher in me, but I find myself constantly making "agendas" in my mind.

I learned quickly that God's timing is not always our own.

On Thursday, my dad, Aunt Gail and Uncle Royce drove the 12 hours (I think) to be with him. Things seemed to be progressing quickly and with my brother's wedding next weekend, they didn't feel they could wait.

When they arrived yesterday, the home health nurse told them that he has leaky valves and an aortic anuersym that is very close to his heart. Nothing can be done.

She also said that if anyone wanted to see him while he was still "J-Bird" they should probably come. This is not like other diseases where they can answer the question "how long?"

So this morning, my cousins and I are flying to Ft. Myers to see him, to support my dad and aunt, and I'm afraid to say goodbye.

How do we do that?

Please keep him and us all in your prayers.

1 comments:

Amanda O'Rear said...

Oh sweetie..I'm so sorry! It is never easy to be in these situations is it? I will be thinking of you and praying for you and your family and your grandpa!! May God give you all peace during this time. I am so glad you are going to get to see him! If you guys need anything let us know!