Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Thomas" the moomie

We took Trace to his first movie this afternoon. We have been waiting patiently on something that will captivate his short little attention span and when I saw "Thomas and the Runaway Kite" I knew we'd found it. He was SO excited and asked all day when we were going to the "moomie".

Loaded down with 2 bags of Pop Secret, a sippy cup and a Diet Mountain Dew in my purse, we headed out. Call me cheap, but I have a hard time paying more at the "section" stand (as my brother and I always called it) than at the ticket counter. I will admit, I was a little nervous when the usher came over to tell us it was about to began and Trace was sitting there with a ziploc baggie of home-popped popcorn in his lap. Oops!

He discovered the arcade as we were walking out and had to take a spin on the motorcycle. Sorry to tell ya kiddo, but that's about as close as your gonna get to riding one if I have anything to do with it!
They gave us raffle tickets at the ticket counter and told us to come to customer service after the movie to see if we won. I started to just skip it based on my previous NADA% of ever winning anything but when we got there, we had actually won the new Thomas movie The Great Discovery! I have seen those in Target for about $20.

So... technically, since we only paid $13 to get in, brought goodies to eat from home, and won a $20 movie, I'd say we actually came out ahead. Woo-hoo! Not bad for his first trip.

0 comments: