Sunday, July 10, 2011

The 4th of July

I LOVED

my first

4th of July (and 5 month birthday)

at Mimmie's house!

I even brought home 2 souvenirs...
The tradition at Mimmie's on the 4th used to be over a hundred people came from their church and all congregated on her back deck to watch the fireworks. We never went for that, but heard it was chaos. Now, the new tradition is the 3 sisters, their children and spouses, and all of our kids. Much smaller number, but still chaos. But wonderful family memories!


The cousins (we missed you Missy and Kellie ) and their kids...








Watering the view...
Something about peeing outside... through the fence posts...off a cliff...into the river below, that a boy just can't resist. I guess I can't blame him, if I could, I probably would too.


Sisty brought bracelets for the kids to make and wear. Yes, Trace actually sat with a needle and thread and made a craft. For more than 3 minutes. I never thought I'd see the day.

Mark will be a first time dad in a few weeks...I think they broke him in pretty good!




A little pre fireworks surgery to remove splinters...


The night ended with jammies and ice cream in bed...
It was the perfect way to spend the holiday!

1 comments:

Jen said...

I have loved looking at all of your pics & catching up on y'all! I always love the ones from Mimmie's~they always show so much love & tradition & I LOVE her home! What a deck & view!! Trace's expression in the splinter pic with Jim is hilarious!! I make the "flag cake" every year & Miller picks out the exact # of the best blueberries for the stars! I just turn mine the other way, but still the same look! :) Looks like y'all have had some good times & little bit is growing TOO fast! Such a doll! Hope all is well! xoxo