Monday, July 25, 2011

Potty Manners

If you're the least bit squimish or offended by potty humor, turn away now. The title alone should alert you of what is to come. Consider yourself warned.

We've not been practicing good potty manners around here lately.

Exhibit A...
Now, that is one good daddy!

So in mid diaper change, Keatyn decided she wasn't quite finished and Jimmy's natural reaction was to catch, freeze, and wait for backup.

I'm sure he was delighted to see his backup come running with a camera :)

(Can't you just tell Ginger is thinking "Seriously...what is wrong with you people?" The ever faithful mommadog is just chomping at the bit to lick them clean.)

Exhibit B...

Just as I was about to take my first bite of food, I heard the old, "MOM, COME WIPE ME!!!!" call.
I go in to find this...
Apparently, I took too long getting there and he started without me.

Great. Where's the hanger?

So I threw Keatyn in the beanbag and started declogging the john while muttering 4 letter potty words under my breath.
I know it sounds strange, but it was hard to get upset with him because buried under that entire roll of toilet paper is, you know what. And if you know the drama and fear Trace has overcome about all of this, to know he did it, and by himself without me even knowing it, warrants a celebration in itself!

Let's just say, there was a time I feared Keatyn would be potty trained before Trace was. Or that I would be forced to homeschool because you don't typically see 3rd graders with pull-ups in their backpack.

I am SO proud of him for overcoming his fears, now we just need to work on "moderation" with the TP. ha! I love that boy!

Someone thought all of this was very funny.
And so are the days of our lives...

0 comments: