Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Halloween hayride 'round the hood

I'm typing this very quickly while Keatyn is sleeping and Trace is so entralled in Team Umizoomi that he doesn't know I just raided his Halloween loot of all Twizzlers and York Peppermint Patties. He's getting much more observant, so this will probably be the last year Jimmy and I can sneak candy out of his bucket without him noticing.
I better get while the gettin's good!


We had a FANTASTIC Halloween. Last year, as several were pushing my huge, pregnant rear up the very steep hills of Carrie's neighborhood, it occurred to us that we own a trailer. A very large one. So, this year we decided to do Halloween lazy style.

I believe a new tradition was born. (I mean, once you go lazy, do you ever go back?)
We bought $60 worth of hay, (which Jimmy was able to return the next day... thank you Ace!)
battery operated strobe and skeleton lights, and stick on pumpkins to decorate the trailer.

The leisurely ladies laid in the shade while the boys worked their magic...
He's such a good daddy... and always tries to humor me and my crazy ideas.
Speaking of crazy ideas...
She's even looking at me like...seriously Mom???

Between her Nana, Papaw, Uncle Andy and a host of other family. How many seconds do you think she actually spent in that pack-n-play?
My beautiful butterfly...

Granddaddy was sick, but Sisty came for a little while and ate with us. They were in Florida a few weeks ago and have both been sick since they came home. They have seen the kids for about 30 minutes in 2 and a half weeks. I know to some that is nothing, but around here, it's unheard of. I think my kids are having withdrawls. We are so incredibly blessed with amazing parents that are such a part of our daily lives!
Practicing her butterfly kisses with Unc...
Keatyn and Aunt Kadi...
Our little Ninja all grown up...
Shark Week. I LOVE it!
Group picture... you can imagine the chore that was.
Lucas just makes me smile! He has the sweetest little face and swingy hair and I adore him! He's become a huge Thomas fan so we now have something in common. I can name them ALL.


Loader up...
In keeping with tradition, I again, was the hysterically screaming trick or treating mother, trying to keep my child out of the road and with the group. He was one loaded little Transformer, primed and ready to roll. It seemed we just held him back with our slow moving entourage. He could have had that entire neighborhood covered in a matter of minutes if it weren't for having to wait on us. Life is tough. I'm sure at one point, the good people of River Chase were thinking to themselves, "Trace, (whoever you are) please slow down and come back to your mother so she'll shut up.)

Thank goodness for his Lightning McQueen light up shoes. They were often the only recognizable part of him. I could see those little red lights blazing through the darkness as he bounced from house to house. Jimmy balked when I came home with another pair of them (he's more the Nike, Adidas, New Balance type), but I explained that there is a very short time in a boys life where light up shoes are acceptable and it's quickly drawing to a close. If he's still wanting some in high school, we'll put our foot down. Pardon the pun.


Nana about had to sit on them to keep them down...
Every year, we stop in this yard to get a picture in front of their blow ups.


2010

2009
Boy, how time flies.
The Dierks 2011...
Hopefully it was a Halloween the boys will always remember. I love making these memories together!

0 comments: